The economy

Jobless rate bolts to 14-year high of 6.5 percent (AP)

• The nation’s unemployment rate bolted to a 14-year high of 6.5 percent in October as another 240,000 jobs were cut, stark proof the economy is almost certainly in a recession.

Jobless ranks hit 10 million, most in 25 years (on Yahoo)

WASHINGTON - The nation's jobless ranks zoomed past 10 million last month, the most in a quarter-century, as piles of pink slips shut factory gates and office doors to 240,000 more Americans with the holidays nearing. Politicians and economists agreed on a painful bottom line: It's only going to get worse. 

Were the savings from offshore outsourcing worth it? Is it just me seeing how this all has been affecting the other. The jobless probably can’t afford new cars either so now the car manufacturers are suffering too.

From Audio Sancto; The End Times… They have more than that topic but listened to the first one only so far… and yeah, I’m one that was listening to the Left Behind saga, saw Late Great Planet Earth at a way too young age IMO, etc. I need to listen again to find who he’s referencing about power moving from the west to the east. He’s saying if you have any of those, throw them out… yeah, I was one that had them and watched them.

I need to remember other things I listened to recently, thanking God for all things. I thank Him for these tests and trials, builds strength, excercises my faith. And to remember St. Maximilion Kolbe, take Jesus’ hand in one and the Blessed Virgin Mary in the other and go forward with the confidence of a child.

For the sake of Your Sorrowful Passion, have mercy on us and on the whole world.

Yes Jesus, I trust in YOU!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.