The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

So, who's excited about Skyrim coming out in November? I know I am!

I don't have enough to purchase the $150 Collector's Edition though, it's just too much...even though that statue looks awesome...

The price of the CE aside. I think I'll once again be playing a with magic in one hand and a sword in the other, as I have in Morrowind and Oblivion (as a mage-warrior custom class).

I saw a screenshot comparing the look of the races from each game: emgn.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/Oblivion-and-Morrowind-vs.-Skyrim-Characters.jpg

I particularly like what they've done with the Khajiit. They look almost real! So fuzzy...

I've been a hopeless elder scrolls junkie since I got hooked on Morrowind a few years ago. With the direction Bethesda has chosen to take the series, I doubt they'll ever match the amazing depth of that game, but Skyrim seems like a step back from the cliff that Oblivion almost threw the series over. I'm eager to see the new leveling system in action, even if I am still a bit skeptical...I like my stats old school, thank you very much :p

Oh, and by the way: is that a trace of the old beast race animation I see in the Argonian picture? PLEASE let it be so:D

very excited!!

Those pics are awesome. Looks like the elves have beards, which makes them look a little tougher.

I loved morrowing and oblivion. This one is going to be great.

[quote="Alex246, post:2, topic:252276"]
I've been a hopeless elder scrolls junkie since I got hooked on Morrowind a few years ago. With the direction Bethesda has chosen to take the series, I doubt they'll ever match the amazing depth of that game, but Skyrim seems like a step back from the cliff that Oblivion almost threw the series over. I'm eager to see the new leveling system in action, even if I am still a bit skeptical...I like my stats old school, thank you very much :p

Oh, and by the way: is that a trace of the old beast race animation I see in the Argonian picture? PLEASE let it be so:D

[/quote]

I read somewhere that Skyrim is supposed to be three times larger than Cyrodiil. This could either mean more content or more filler, but I'm going to be optimistic and hope the game's packed with content. I think Todd Howard said that they stopped counting how many dungeons they had made, there were just too many!

I'm also liking the "Radiant Story" feature and I hope it's implemented well. Oblivion's thing was "Radiant AI" (which, I'm told, was sort of like what Daggerfall did already) but the RS system is supposed to give you different quest-givers and send you to dungeons that you haven't seen yet depending on your actions. The quests themselves are the same though.

[quote="Garyjohn2, post:3, topic:252276"]
very excited!!

Those pics are awesome. Looks like the elves have beards, which makes them look a little tougher.

I loved morrowing and oblivion. This one is going to be great.

[/quote]

I saw somewhere that those screenshots are based on characters that people actually made for one of the demos. Maybe they just really like men with beards. :)

I know I'm excited! I could afford the CE, but not sure if I could justify spending that much money on it... Anyway, I prefer to play with a sword and shield, and as a non-human character (the bigger and more exotic looking, the better). I'll probably go with Khajiit or Argonian. :)

Wow, I hadn't heard that "3x" figure! That's going to be awesome. Oh, and how has "no conversation zoom" not come up yet?:D This thread is just making me even more excited.

I watched footage of the demo from Quakecon yesterday. The crowd's reaction to the footage is priceless in some scenes and facepalm-worthy in others.

My favourite part of the demo was this part:

Todd Howard: "Do you guys know what the black hand symbolizes?"

:D

As far as world size is concerned, I thought I read that it was about the same size as Oblivion, just with a lot more content packed in. Exactly what I wanted to hear, since I'll take content over wandering the endless wilderness any day.

I played both Morrowind and Oblivion and never really got in to either of them for one reason or another, but I've got Skyrim pre-ordered, and I can't wait.

You're right, my mistake. It's about the same size in Oblivion, I believe the "three times" remark was in regards to the content, which is a major plus for me.

I just heard that Skyrim will include the option to romance certain NPCs--no matter the gender of either party. I also heard something about spouses actually doing things for you rather than just waiting for you to come home, like accompany you in dungeons. It's not something I was expecting (although I did enjoy the quests that were attached to the purchase of your house in Oblivion).

Hm, I wonder if we'll be able to seduce a Lusty Argonian Maid? :D

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.