**the End Is Near**

St. Malachy, in the 12th century, predicted the next 112 Popes. Every time he was extremely accurate. He said that JPII would be like “the sun,” in that he would travel around the world, and bring light to the places he visits.

The current pope, Benedict XVI, is the second-to-last pope he predicted. After him is one more pope, and after that pope, the destruction of Rome (possibly a nuclear attack?) and the end of the world shortly after.

I always thought mankind would progress so much further… that we’d conquer space and time… and spacetime… and visit the depths of the universe, but now, I honestly believe the end is near.

St. Malachy predicted over 100 popes and 1000 years accurately! He must be right about this too. Two popes left until the end of the world.

Benedict XVI is already 78. He could get sick and die any day. Who knows? Maybe 2012 will bring the end of the world. I’d give us 50+ years left of existence.

What are you doing to do with the rest of existence?

I’m going to be more devoted to God!
Here’s a link: newsmax.com/archives/ic/2005/4/3/180901.shtml

Just remember, this prophecy has never been validated by Church authorities, it gets really vague at certain points, and it never distinguishes whether there will be any Popes between Glory of the Olive pope and the Peter the Roman Pope. Also it has been said that Peter the Roman was added in during the 19th century to make the prophecy seem more prophetic about the end times.

Just remember that despite his age, Pope Benny could live till he is 100 at least if God wants him to. :slight_smile:

~Kerry

[quote=JackmanUSC]Just remember, this prophecy has never been validated by Church authorities, it gets really vague at certain points, and it never distinguishes whether there will be any Popes between Glory of the Olive pope and the Peter the Roman Pope. Also it has been said that Peter the Roman was added in during the 19th century to make the prophecy seem more prophetic about the end times.
[/quote]

If our Pope put olives on his coat of arms:eek:

I think we shouldn’t worry about this stuff anyway. Heck, I could die tomorrow and it wouldn’t be any different than if I died during the end times. Jesus wanted us to live our lives as good Christians. You let God worry about the other stuff.

O man this is it you guys… the end is here!!!

We didn’t do anything!! We never colonized a distant planet, or discovered other life, or did so much!!

This is finally when our faith pays off, the moment billions of people have been waiting for!

You guys act like the end of the world is no big deal…

I really hope it doesn’t end though, there’s SOO much we have yet to accomplish…

Don’t flip out Kyle! :nope: We don’t know for certain if it will end anytime soon. We never will really know. I agree with you, though, on not accomplishing as much as we wanted to IF the world did end.Remember to keep praying for all those whose backs are turned against God. :gopray2: They are the ones we need to worry about! :frowning:

Here is a link that goes into greater detail: catholic-pages.com/grabbag/malachy.asp

Some people think that the end was added in the 16th century, but I doubt it. Why would St. Malachy predict 112 popes but not all?

THE END IS NEAR??? HURRY ANYONE I WILL GIVE ANYONE 200 USD FOR HIS/HERS “STAR WARS EPISODE III” TICKETS (OFFER EXPIRES THE DAY THE WORLD ENDS OR SOONER IF I FIND THEM CHEAPER) VOID WHERE PROHIBITED

COME ON, DONT WORRY ABOUT IT, NO ONE KNOWS THE DAY OR THE MOMENT ONLY OUR FATHER (YOU GUYS ARE STARTING TO SOUND LIKE JW´S

Really, it doesn’t matter if the prophecy is true or not. We should be living every day as if the world could end tomorrow. We need to be prepared no matter what. Just trust in God, he knows what He is doing…

I don’t live that far from County Armagh, the home of Saint Malachy, but I will say one thing.
As regarding the end of the world, well you can interpet that in several ways, but I’ll stick to two.
The end of the world, could mean just that, time, infinity, finito, then I’ve heard the other expression, “The end of the world as we know it”.
I’ll stick with the second explanation, as the defeat of evil, and the triumph of good over evil.
Maybe it has something to do with the Triumph of the immaculate Heart ?
After all, doesn’t the Bible say that the Lion will lay down with the lamb.
Sometimes a prophecy doesn’t make sense until after the event, so don’t fret, if God is with you, then who can be against you.

Peace from Ireland:irish2:

Just like Miguel said, if Malachy actually knew of when the “end times” were, that would prove Jesus wrong when He said no one will know. That includes all of us too, therefore we are wrong if we believe Malachy, simply because we are not able to know, and knowing means we really don’t know.

Did you follow that?

Peace,
Michael

[quote=STIOFÁN]I/snip/
After all, doesn’t the Bible say that the Lion will lay down with the lamb.
/snip
:irish2:
[/quote]

Uh…no, don’t think so.

[quote=catholic2]Uh…no, don’t think so.
[/quote]

I believe he is alluding to Isaiah 11:
6 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and the leopard shall lie down with the kid: the calf and the lion, and the sheep shall abide together, and a little child shall lead them.http://www.scriptours.com/images/spacer.gif7 The calf and the bear shall feed: their young ones shall rest together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on other hole of the asp: and the weaned child shall thrust his hand into the den of the basilisk. 9 They shall not hurt, nor shall they kill in all my holy mountain, for the earth is filled with the knowledge of the Lord, as the covering waters of the sea.

Hope this helps. Thanks and God Bless.

[quote=slinky1882]I believe he is alluding to Isaiah 11:
6 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and .
[/quote]

I know. What are we doing up so late?:smiley:

[quote=michaelgazin]Just like Miguel said, if Malachy actually knew of when the “end times” were, that would prove Jesus wrong when He said no one will know. That includes all of us too, therefore we are wrong if we believe Malachy, simply because we are not able to know, and knowing means we really don’t know.

Did you follow that?

Peace,
Michael
[/quote]

Jesus says we may not know the day and the hour, but we should be able to read the signs and know that the time is near.

i agree with catholic2. we may not know the exact day or hour, but we can be able to know the general time. Jesus said I think that there will be ways to know, or things to look for. i also do believe in the prophecy. so i think we have the next to last Pope. But we don’t have to believe that, you can choose to though, just like Fatima or anything else like that. I think it is important. I don’t think we should be like rapture crazy people or anything, but that doesn’t mean it isn’t important.

6 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and the leopard shall lie down with the kid: the calf and the lion, and the sheep shall abide together, and a little child shall lead them.http://www.scriptours.com/images/spacer.gif7 The calf and the bear shall feed: their young ones shall rest together: and the lion shall eat straw like the ox. 8 And the sucking child shall play on other hole of the asp: and the weaned child shall thrust his hand into the den of the basilisk. 9 They shall not hurt, nor shall they kill in all my holy mountain, for the earth is filled with the knowledge of the Lord, as the covering waters of the sea.

Hope this helps. Thanks and God Bless.
[/quote]

Thanks slinky1882—it was late when I posted that, and I didn’t have the time to search it out.
I work mostly from memory as regarding the Bible, things flash before my eyes, so I may have a photographic memory.
Anyway, as said I don’t know if it’s the end of time per-se, or the end of evil, and the dawning of a new era.
It would be nice to think the latter.

God Bless !

6 The wolf shall dwell with the lamb: and the leopard shall lie down with the kid:

[/quote]

Imagine petting a lion or a leopard. How cool would that be huh?
No litter box in the house though :nope:

Malachy’s prophecy for this pope is ‘Gloria Olivae’ (The Glory of the Olive).

The Benedictines are also called Olivetans. St Benedict predicted that his order, the Olivetans will triumphantly lead the Church in the fight for evil.

The Benedictines claim that ‘Gloria Olivae’ will come from their order.

It seems that he, Pope Benedict XVI, does not come from the order…BUT the name uncannily fits the bill of the Benedictines…

However, hold your horses. The end will come with the next pope - Peter the Roman (Malachy’s prediction). Just look out for an Italian Cardinal Peter at the next conclave!

Tie that up with the message from Medugorje that this will the last time Our Lady will appear on earth.

Then, get the next space flight out of planet earth.

BUT! Shouldn’t good Christians be pleased to see the 2nd Coming?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.