The end of the Catholic Church

The Catechism teaches that “The Church will enter the glory of the kingdom only through this final Passover, when she will** follow her Lord** in his death and Resurrection” (CCC 677).

I feel that the events will be similar to that which occurred before the crucifixion.

Jesus was betrayed by one of his own apostles - the church will be betrayed by a significant percentage (1/12 th maybe) of their own priests and bishops. These priests and bishops will act scandalously and sinfully and thereby handover the entire Catholic church into the hands of her enemies.

Jesus was arrested and his disciples fled - the church will be officially outlawed and Christians will flee

Jesus was flogged and beaten - many Christians will be flogged and beaten.

Jesus was put to death - many Christians, if not all, will be put to death, along with the Pope and the faithful bishops.

Jesus rose on the third day - Christ will come to the judge the living and the dead and the dead in Christ will rise first.

What do you think?

I think that Jesus said that no slave is greater than his master. As a Christian, I follow a tortured and crucified Master.

I also think that Fulton J. Sheen said this before I did.

The Catholic Church has been through some horrendously tough times.

Just because you and I are living at this moment doesn’t mean we will be allowed to live in spiritually smooth and calm seas.

So, between now and some future time when everyone has been converted, we can expect wars and rumors of wars, and false prophets, and all sorts of miserable conditions.

The last line of St. Paul’s writing relates to how he had a really bad time, got misinterpreted, but that he “fought the good fight of faith”.

And that’s what I must do and what you must do … “fight the good fight of faith”.

don’t they say it’s always darkest before the dawn?

it’s getting pretty dark

I think that’s about right. I hope we are all ready to give all for Christ and His Church.

meh…it’s always something.

What I think is is that it does us no good to worry about things we can’t control…that what prayer is for.

the church will be betrayed by a significant percentage (1/12 th maybe) of their own priests and bishops. These priests and bishops will act scandalously and sinfully and thereby handover the entire Catholic church into the hands of her enemies.

I think this already happened…and recently.

-Chris

Are we prepared for all of this?

Frighteningly accurate sounding. And 1/12 is quite generous IMHO. Catholics are being persecuted more and more both in terms of brute violence, desecrations, and also politically and economically, in countries all over the world. Religious freedom is being slowly snuffed out in our own nation, laws simply discarded by activist judges to oppose the Church. Corruption of Christian values is promoted now to the HIGHEST levels of our government. Was it always this bad?

Recall to mind the parable of the farmer whose enemy planted weeds among the wheat. Eventually, the weeds were gathered up and thrown into the fire.

Meanwhile the wheat has to suffer.

So, be the wheat, and not the weeds.

Difficult at times.

Even St. Paul complained about it. “I have fought the good fight of faith”.

So, just keep fighting the good fight of faith.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.