The enemy has been caught!

Hello,

Emergency prayer request. I need the Holy Spirit to infuse me with hope. I’ve been bombarded very intensely with temptations to total despair, and I was listening to Mother Angelica on the radio and she started talking about hope, and I realized that is where the enemy is trying to weaken me. he knows that is my weak point, and he is doing everything he can to get me to abandon all hope. satan knows this is my weak spot and that if he can get me to give up hope, he can incapacitate my other virtues. I can’t begin to explain how much agony my heart is in right now. But it was worse before because I did not know what it was caused by. Now I think the devil is getting desperate because his “hopes” are dashed now that I am onto his strategy against me. Pray for the theological virtue of hope for me and all of us. It ties the other theological virtues of faith and love together. Once the Holy Spirit gives me hope, everything is going to start coming together.

Joshua

I would just like to note that I have been carrying a first class relic of St. Bernadette with me constantly since Thursday since a friend of mine let me borrow it, and I’ve been letting people bless their rosaries and pray with it since then, and I will tell you, I’ve never been under such stress in my life since I’ve been carrying her around with me. It really feels like my soul is being attacked intensely. I have been used greatly very recently as a source of blessing for others, and I can’t explain the spiritual desolation I am feeling except that the enemy is really harassing me however he can. I’m about to make some kind of great breakthrough in my soul, and God is just lining up everything very wonderfully, and His enemies in hell are trying to destroy me any way they can. It is not going to work, but I will just say that my spirit is going through a lot of pain and turmoil right now. But now that I’ve learned to pray for hope, I will just say that the pain and burning is more purgative than tormenting. My heart literally feels like it is burning with love, and now I am just waiting for God to come along and pierce it with a lance so it will pour out on those around me. The doubts that I was getting were like someone whispering in my ear “Everything you are doing for people is leading to nothing. It’s all going to be fruitless… You are just getting your hopes up with all kinds of wishful thinkiing but something eternally horrible is going to happen and then you will be crushed forever.” There is a real spiritual combat going on in my soul revolving around the tension between hope and despair, and it is really coming to a climax, but it is clear now that hope is the blessing that is needed to bolster up all the other virtues for me.

Ask for St. Bernadette to pray for me!

God bless you. I will pray for you to continue to be filled with hope. I will say a rosary for you right now. :slight_smile:
St. Bernadette, pray for us.

May God give you the grace of hope and may you learn trustfull surrender to divine providence.

Prayer to Our Lady of Lourdes
By Pope John Paul II

Hail Mary, poor and humble Woman,
Blessed by the Most High!
Virgin of hope, dawn of a new era,
We join in your song of praise,
to celebrate the Lord’s mercy,
to proclaim the coming of the Kingdom
and the full liberation of humanity.

Hail Mary, lowly handmaid of the Lord,
Glorious Mother of Christ!
Faithful Virgin, holy dwelling-place of the Word,
Teach us to persevere in listening to the Word,
and to be docile to the voice of the Spirit,
attentive to his promptings in the depths of our conscience
and to his manifestations in the events of history.

Hail Mary, Woman of sorrows,
Mother of the living!
Virgin spouse beneath the Cross, the new Eve,
Be our guide along the paths of the world.
Teach us to experience and to spread the love of Christ,
to stand with you before the innumerable crosses
on which your Son is still crucified.

Hail Mary, woman of faith,
First of the disciples!
Virgin Mother of the Church, help us always
to account for the hope that is in us,
with trust in human goodness and the Father’s love.
Teach us to build up the world beginning from within:
in the depths of silence and prayer,
in the joy of fraternal love,
in the unique fruitfulness of the Cross.

Holy Mary, Mother of believers,
Our Lady of Lourdes,
pray for us.

Amen.

Courage, madame, courage.

Praying!

Lord, hear our prayers

Our Father, who art in heaven, hallowed be Thy name. Thy kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth, as it is in heaven. Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses, as we forgive those who trespass against us, and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.

Oh my Jesus, forgive us our sins, save us from the fires of hell, and lead all souls to heaven, especially those most in need of Thy mercy.Amen.

Hail Mary full of grace, The Lord is with thee, blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary, mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

Dear St. Bernadette, please obtain from our Lord for Joshua peace, couage and strength. Please intercede that his hope will be increased everytime he prays and receives our Lord in the Blessed Sacrament. May he be freed from despair and trust in the Lord to keep faithful to His promises, to help him with His grace, and to grant him Heaven after his trials of life are over. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.