The Eucharist made me cry

I went to mass tonight and this is the first time I cried like someone died when I received the communion! When I was in the queue to receive Jesus, I really felt excited to receive Him, and while I was walking after I received Him, I was about to cry, and when I was about to kneel down I cried heavily and it continued while I was praying. I couldn’t pray easily and this thought popped in my mind something like “My tears are my enough as a prayer.” Still, I prayed. Gosh, I didn’t expect that I would cry like that. Crying without worrying about anything, just thinking that I received Jesus again.

9 Likes

The gift of tears! What a beautiful Communion!

4 Likes

It is comforting to have your sins forgiven.

1 Like

1 Like

Well its the Love of God filling your heart ,which should lead you to Contrition and thus persevering towards repentance ,and its not an act of, one time affair ,but continuous repentant till the end of our lives.God Bless

2 Corinthians 7:9-11 Now I rejoice, not because you were grieved, but because your grief led to repentance; for you felt a godly grief, so that you were not harmed in any way by us. 10 For godly grief produces a repentance that leads to salvation and brings no regret, but worldly grief produces death. 11 For see what earnestness this godly grief has produced in you, what eagerness to clear yourselves, what indignation, what alarm, what longing, what zeal, what punishment! At every point you have proved yourselves guiltless in the matter.

1 Like

Tears of joy. I am happy for you.

1 Like

The Holy Spirit was with you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.