The False Unity

markmallett.com/blog/?p=351

• TRUE UNITY

Christ prayed that we would all be one:

…by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind… (Phil 2:5)

What mind? What love? Of what accord? Paul answers it in the next verse:

Have this mind among yourselves, which is yours in Christ Jesus, who… did not count equality with God a thing to be grasped, but emptied himself, taking the form of a servant…

The mark of Christianity is love. The apex of this love is self-denial, a kenosis or emptying of self for the other. This is to be the mind of the Body of Christ, a unity of service, which is the bond of love. *…

Read and learn well.

Mark,
I was wondering as I read your website, you being a Catholic, who has given you authority to preach ?

Jim

Actually - the OP is not Mark Mallet. Mark Mallet is a singer/songwriter from Canada:

markmallett.com/markhomepage.html

The question still holds for Mark Mallet, who gave him the authority to preach as a Catholic?

I know that Catholic’s can not go door-to-door preaching in their dioceses, without permission of the Bishop. I remember my Bishop shutting down a group of Catholics who were doing this back in the early 80’s.

Is the Internet exempt from this?

Jim

I guess that depends one what your bishop defines as ‘preaching’.:wink:

Preaching = presenting your own teachings as a Catholic,
i.e. false unity, etc.

So does what Mark Mallet say here go against the teaching of the Church?

I’m a little puzzled why this bothers you, Jim. On this forum are links in many persons’ signature lines to their own personal blogs where they provide spiritual preaching, if you will. The only thing that bothers me is that some of them add links in their blogs to heretical websites. :eek:

I believe the Church calls all of us to evangelize, and this may just be this person’s way of doing his own part.

Have a nice day. Gosh, it’s raining cats and dogs here.

It is my understanding that you can not preach, without approval from your Bishop. You certainly can not teach doctrine that goes against Catholic Doctrine.

Personal blog sites where people share their faith, which is in accord with Catholic Teaching, is fine. However, if a person Catholic creates a blog site where they claim to have visions of the Blessed Mother, and they provide instructions that the Blessed Mother supposedly gave them, would be against Catholic teaching.

Jim

Personal blog sites where people share their faith, which is in accord with Catholic Teaching, is fine. However, if a person Catholic creates a blog site where they claim to have visions of the Blessed Mother, and they provide instructions that the Blessed Mother supposedly gave them, would be against Catholic teaching.

Which goes back to my question - how is what Mark Mallett is saying here - on his blog - against Church teaching?

Personal spiritual experiences as fact?

3 CITIES… AND A WARNING FOR CANADA ?

markmallett.com/blog/?p=115#more-115

Jim

This is classic evangelization, a mission given by Christ to the Church and approved by the Church as part of the role of the laity. I invite you to read this document “On Certain Questions Regarding the Collaboration of the Non-ordained Faithful in the Sacred Ministry of Priest” (Libreria Editrice Vaticana, Vatican City 1997)

I quote from it:

The necessity and importance of apostolic action on the part of the lay faithful in present and future evangelization must be borne in mind. The Church cannot put aside this task because it is part of her very nature, as the ‘People of God’, and also because she has need of it in order to realize her own mission of evangelization.

I do not know much about Mark Mallett - but it is always prudent to not be so quick to pass judgement on fellow Catholics. There are more serious things to be concerned about such as proclaiming the good news to the lost as Jesus taught us.

jlcasey

This is classic evangelization, a mission given by Christ to the Church and approved by the Church as part of the role of the laity.

From reading Mark’s website, I think it goes a little bit beyond classic evangelization as taught by the Church.

I do not know much about Mark Mallett - but it is always prudent to not be so quick to pass judgement on fellow Catholics.

I too don’t know much about Mark Mallet, other than what I’ve read at his web-site, which came to my attention through this thread.

However from the link you posted; Bold my emphasis.

CONCLUSION

**The Holy See entrusts this present document to the pastoral zeal of diocesan Bishops in the various particular Churches and to other Ordinaries **in the hope that its application may produce abundant fruit for the growth, in communion, of sacred ministers and the non-ordained faithful.

The Holy Father reminds us that, “**the particular gift of each of the Church’s members must be wisely and carefully acknowledged, safeguarded, promoted, discerned and co-ordinated, without confusing roles functions or theological and canonical status”. **

There are more serious things to be concerned about such as proclaiming the good news to the lost as Jesus taught us.

Proclaiming the Good News is classical evangelization, as approved by the Church.

Proclaiming personal spiritual experiences as prophecy or self interpretation of scripture, are not.

Jim

Exactly. I think he’s a bit of the charismatic-type of Catholic. He also says that the end of this world is near and that he knows this because the Holy Spirit guides him in that way.:confused:

Proclaiming personal spiritual experiences as prophecy or self interpretation of scripture, are not.

I concede that you are probably right.

I’m just concerned that there are bigger issues that we should be concerned with/ praying about in the Church - like Archbishop Wuerl allowing Nancy Pelosi to recieve Our Lord despite her very blatant political record of supporting abortion.

Mark Mallet is not announcing a date of Jesus’ arrival or gathering a cult around him (that would concern me), but Pelosi is not only scandalizing the Church but giving a completely wrong message to impressionable young people under the apparent support of one of our Archbishops.

Back to the topic of Unity - Mark Mallet definately has hit that nail on the head. I am often saddened by the disunity I see in the Body of Christ as evidenced by the different denominations. But to see disunity in the Catholic Church He founded is even more cause for prayer and fasting.

I also get nervous when some one states that a certain group of people are being inspired by Satan, i.e. radical feminist, or fill in your favorite group you dislike.

Although I don’t agree with the feminist agenda, I can’t say that they’re inspired by Satan.

Jim

:eek: What if Satan is a female?:eek:

The question of who has the authority to preach is an interesting one which would fit the new Evangelization sub-forum nicely. I encourage those interested in continuing that line of discussion to do so by starting a thread on it there.

Interesting idea. I’ve added a thread there as it is actually something that I’m interested in in knowing. Thanks for the suggestion!:slight_smile:

I investigate self-proclaimed prophets from time to time.

I confronted Mark Mallett through e-mail with regards to some of his prophecies. I was alarmed at their resemblance to the “Warning” of the unapproved apparition of Garabandal. He claimed he was unfamiliar with Garabandal. Nevertheless, I told him that promoting “The Warning” is forbidden.

He has a priest who is a SD and he did give me a name, so that was good.

But then he told me that his interior locutions must be from God because they came in form of a big booming voice.

I told him that I, too, have also had interior locutions, interior visions, and actual visions — and that I think some of my experiences were from the devil — and that it’s very hard to tell the true from the false. I told him that I don’t go posting the contents of my mystical experiences all over the internet because I think to do so outside the review of the Magisterium is imprudent and dangerous.

He basically laughed me off.

The very good looking Mark Mallett is a danger to himself and others. He does have good meditative advice from time to time, but he mixes his meditations with his locutions. My advice would be to listen only to his music.

God Bless!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.