The first fascinating chapters of Genesis

The wonders in the first three sacred chapters of Genesis will never grow old.
Genesis 1: 3. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Could that light be the smile of a new baby? Or perhaps that light is the rosary held in grandma’s hands. Does God’s light pierce our souls? Does God’s light heal a broken heart? On a dark street of life, do we seek the safety of God’s light? Do we dance in God’s light?

A new Forum begs us to seek newness in old ancient chapters full of light.

Fascinating thread and very eloquent!~ I’d like to read the input of others as well.

Mary.

I suppose you could interpret the Scriptures in many lights. I’m a (very) lapsed Catholic, so I don’t have much to offer apart from that.

Yes, we can and should see the Scriptures in many lights.

Matthew 19: 24 (public profile)
Again I say to you, it is easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle than for one who is rich to enter the kingdom of God.”

Apparently, it is good to be a camel because eventually the camel gets through the troubles and finds the kingdom of God. Apparently, the camel looks forward.

[attach]24261[/attach]

Please see post 5.

This is beyond fascinating. It is marvelous to behold.

We must be wonderful creatures to be given such magnificent beauty.

I appreciate this world with all it’s wonder and beauty, and respect it all as best I can, but I don’t spend much time looking at the outer beauty, space. I need to look to the stars more and I may get closer to the light. :thumbsup:

Stars are always special to me.

Years ago, I had the 2:00 AM hour talking with our Good Shepherd in Eucharistic Adoration. Our chapel was a small building added to the church in a huge parking lot. There were lights for safety. For whatever reason, it was possible to see the magnificent sky. The Big Dipper was prominent.

One night, the stars were exceptional. As I was early, I decided to walk in the parking lot away from the chapel. I walked backwards looking up. Then I realized that a popular road was next to the end of the parking lot. Here I was, an old lady, in the middle of the night, at the end of the parking lot, walking backwards, leaning backwards, looking up at the sky. :rotfl:

I hope this thread finds a spot in the new CAF because the loss of the depth of the first three sacred chapters of Holy Scripture is truly scary.

1st September is the World day of prayer for the care of creation.

These prayers say what I think :slight_smile:

catholicclimatemovement.global/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/Aprayerforourearth.pdf

catholicclimatemovement.global/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/CreationPrayer.pdf

Thank you for these truth-filled prayers

The wonders in the first three sacred chapters of Genesis will never grow old.
Genesis 1: 3. Then God said, “Let there be light,” and there was light.

Genesis 1: 27. “God created mankind in His image; in the image of God He created them; male and female* He created them.”

[LEFT][/LEFT]
We are the pinnacle of God’s creation. We, alone, can share in the Divine life of our Divine Creator. We, alone, can live forever in joy eternal because God calls each of us to His Beatific Vision following bodily death. Our feet can run to the arms of Jesus, our Good Shepherd. And we can be safe in His love.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.