The first male pregnancy! (Uh-oh)

One of the more terrifying and disturbing things I’ve seen people do in a long time.

Don’t worry it’s not inappropriate content.

malepregnancy.com/movie/

Would you care to explain why you find it disturbing?

the pregnant “man” in this video is a hoax. the only “men” who has borne children, as of yet, are men who were born a woman.

urbanlegends.about.com/od/medical/a/male_pregnancy.htm

i don’t know why they define them as “male pregnancies” cause there still girls just been through surgery to appear as a man

I fixed the title for you.

*"One of many female pregnancies!"
There ya go.

I think you are confusing the link in the first post with the claims of Thomas Beatie, a transsexual who kept his uterus and thus able to carry a baby to term.

The link in the first post actually precedes the Beatie controversy and, as Nospamgorecycle pointed out, is an elaborate hoax conducted as an art project. Lee Mingwei is not transsexual and the film claims to explore the scientific possibility of a man being about to carry a pregnancy to term.

lol thanks i actually didnt read the link :o

It would be a serious violation of the child’s dignity. The right to end the lives of unborn children must be accepted norm for this violation of the unborn to be ignored.

To those who would make this happen, the novelty of a man carrying a child would have to be of greater value than the life of the child.

[quote="Benadam, post:8, topic:254998"]
It would be a serious violation of the child's dignity. The right to end the lives of unborn children must be accepted norm for this violation of the unborn to be ignored.

To those who would make this happen, the novelty of a man carrying a child would have to be of greater value than the life of the child.

[/quote]

Huh?
I don't get what you're trying to say but....
no man is carrying a child anyway.

I stand corrected, it’s a hoax.

Thanks for finding that for me. Still a weird form of art but who am I to judge? :smiley:

We fail to do what is required to preserve human life when we place it in an environment that poses a significant risk to it. That it is a risk taken for the sake of novelty and by a person who did not choose to risk life and limb compounds the violation. Innocent and vulnerable, the child’s life is risked in the service of a man who wants to feel what it’s like to carry an unborn child. Even if made relatively safe it is putting an innocent human being in a circumstance that will inherently produce consequences that can’t be foreseen.

I just don’t think it would be fair to do that to anyone unable to choose it. This is a hoax but it demonstrates how little we consider the rights of the unborn.

What if a woman who, despite knowing that she is at significant risk for pregnancy complications, becomes pregnant? What about a woman who knows that she and her husband are genetically predisposed to passing on a life-threatening illness to their child?

[quote="anp1215, post:12, topic:254998"]
What if a woman who, despite knowing that she is at significant risk for pregnancy complications, becomes pregnant? What about a woman who knows that she and her husband are genetically predisposed to passing on a life-threatening illness to their child?

[/quote]

The circumstances that the child enters in this case weren't chosen for the sake of novelty but are inherent to the mother. The child's life isn't risked by a dangerous environment that could be avoided, but offers an opportunity to live albeit endangered by her condition.

Science asks, “Can we?”; faith asks, “Should we?”

Male pregnancy is against God’s will, for two reasons:

1. God did not give men a uterus
  2. it would inevitably use IVF

It doesn’t matter how much someone wants it. It wouldn’t surprise me if God made the first people to actually try it speak different languages like at Babel. :slight_smile:

Thanks for your response.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.