The Flood in Genesis?

Hello. :) I like to read from my Orthodox Bible. In Genesis 7:16-24, the Orthodox Bible has a commentary for this at the bottom of the page. It says, "The Lord God closed the door of the ark, for He is the Judge and determines who is in and who is out. The people on the outside were going about their usual manner of life--buying, selling, eating, drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage--but they were indifferent to God and His grace. The Flood caught them unawares, but it was too late for them to respond. So it will be in the Day of Judgement."

What does this mean? Does it mean that there will be another flood in the Day of Judgement?

God bless you for answering my question. :blessyou:

[quote="bben15, post:1, topic:331660"]
Hello. :) I like to read from my Orthodox Bible. In Genesis 7:16-24, the Orthodox Bible has a commentary for this at the bottom of the page. It says, "The Lord God closed the door of the ark, for He is the Judge and determines who is in and who is out. The people on the outside were going about their usual manner of life--buying, selling, eating, drinking, marrying, and giving in marriage--but they were indifferent to God and His grace. The Flood caught them unawares, but it was too late for them to respond. So it will be in the Day of Judgement."

What does this mean? Does it mean that there will be another flood in the Day of Judgement?

God bless you for answering my question. :blessyou:

[/quote]

No, it just reiterates that no one knows when the Day of Judgement will come. It will catch the world off guard, which is why we should be prepared everyday for the second coming of Christ.

[quote="bzkoss236, post:2, topic:331660"]
No, it just reiterates that no one knows when the Day of Judgement will come. It will catch the world off guard, which is why we should be prepared everyday for the second coming of Christ.

[/quote]

Thank you. :)

After the flood, God gave Noah (and us) the sign of the rainbow declaring God's promise that never again would there be a flood and never again would he destroy ALL of mankind.

Revelation and other books talk about the destruction of the world. Read them.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.