The Four Legged Bomb

The other night my pastor preached a sermon on the end times. He noted in his sermon that the Jews in Israel have formed a new Sanhedrin, which was an ancient rabbinical group in Israel. This new group is made up of two thousand rabbis that are dedicated to rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem. This temple in the Old Testament contained the Ark of the Covenant. The Romans destroyed the temple back in the days of Jesus. The Rock of the Dome is built on top of the temple ruins, and is a sacred place for the Moslems. The Sanhedrin has assembled building materials from all over the world to re-build the temple exactly like the one built in ancient days. They have everything arranged so that the temple can be re-built in a matter of two or three weeks. The Moslems know what the Jews intend to do with the Rock of the Dome and that their intentions are to demolish it. The Moslems now have a group of one million Moslems assembled who will commit martyrdom by suicide against the U.S. and Israel. The Jews will then retaliate with nuclear arms against the Moslems. My preacher believes that a sudden earthquake will destroy the Rock of the Dome instead of the Jews doing it themselves. In order for the Jews to use the temple they must sacrifice a red heifer on their alter. The problem is a red heifer is very rare and it must contain no more than three white hairs on it or it will be rejected as being impure. The Jews also believe that the remains from the old temple contain ashes from the red heifers that were sacrificed during Old Testament times. They want to get hold of the ashes and use the DNA from them to clone a red heifer.

Another thing that my preacher pointed out is that the Moslems believe that Jesus will return to Mecca to destroy Israel. He also said that Iran will try to destroy us and that the reason the U.S has not sent the military into Iran is because the Iranis have signed a treaty with China. China needs the oil for their emerging role as an economic giant. If the U.S. uses military force against Iran, they will also have to fight Chinese troops. Therefore, it does not look like it will be very long until the U.S. will be destroyed by a nuclear war.

Your pastor needs to lay off the National Enquirer in the checkout line at the grocery store. Seriously, that is all a bunch of end-times conspiracy theory that is not based in fact.

:rotfl: :rotfl: Whew man, where did he get that stuff from. I cant stop laughing, so Muslims believe that Jesus is coming back :rotfl: Wow dont I wish they believed that, even if it was an erroneous understanding it would be a lot easier to convert them.

[quote=Alfie]The other night my pastor preached a sermon on the end times. He noted in his sermon that the Jews in Israel have formed a new Sanhedrin, which was an ancient rabbinical group in Israel. This new group is made up of two thousand rabbis that are dedicated to rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem. This temple in the Old Testament contained the Ark of the Covenant. The Romans destroyed the temple back in the days of Jesus. The Rock of the Dome is built on top of the temple ruins, and is a sacred place for the Moslems. The Sanhedrin has assembled building materials from all over the world to re-build the temple exactly like the one built in ancient days. They have everything arranged so that the temple can be re-built in a matter of two or three weeks. The Moslems know what the Jews intend to do with the Rock of the Dome and that their intentions are to demolish it. The Moslems now have a group of one million Moslems assembled who will commit martyrdom by suicide against the U.S. and Israel. The Jews will then retaliate with nuclear arms against the Moslems. My preacher believes that a sudden earthquake will destroy the Rock of the Dome instead of the Jews doing it themselves. In order for the Jews to use the temple they must sacrifice a red heifer on their alter. The problem is a red heifer is very rare and it must contain no more than three white hairs on it or it will be rejected as being impure. The Jews also believe that the remains from the old temple contain ashes from the red heifers that were sacrificed during Old Testament times. They want to get hold of the ashes and use the DNA from them to clone a red heifer.

Another thing that my preacher pointed out is that the Moslems believe that Jesus will return to Mecca to destroy Israel. He also said that Iran will try to destroy us and that the reason the U.S has not sent the military into Iran is because the Iranis have signed a treaty with China. China needs the oil for their emerging role as an economic giant. If the U.S. uses military force against Iran, they will also have to fight Chinese troops. Therefore, it does not look like it will be very long until the U.S. will be destroyed by a nuclear war.
[/quote]

Hello Alfie, I would say your Pastor has it right on. Praise God that there are some Pastors paying attention to such things. The Lord promises a special blessing for those …per Revelations. 1:6 I believe.

[quote=NiceFundamental]Hello Alfie, I would say your Pastor has it right on. Praise God that there are some Pastors paying attention to such things. The Lord promises a special blessing for those …per Revelations. 1:6 I believe.
[/quote]

That is absurd. If his pastor had everything right on he would be a Roman Catholic and not a heretical pastoral tool of the False Prophet to turn people away from the truth of God.

[quote=NiceFundamental]Hello Alfie, I would say your Pastor has it right on. Praise God that there are some Pastors paying attention to such things. The Lord promises a special blessing for those …per Revelations. 1:6 I believe.
[/quote]

Unfortunately, this is dispensationalism, which has no basis in scripture or in traditional christian teaching. This false dogma apeared around the middle of the 19th century. The pastor of this church does not have “it right on”.

The bottom line is for us christians is to be ready - meaning doing the Lord’s work, like spreading the gospel, and doing works of mercy and charity in the way that we are called to do them.

We shouldn’t be concerned with when He will appear. The scriptures say He will come like a thief in the night… who can predict when a thief will come. The only way to deal with it is to prepare.

[quote=tdandh26]:rotfl: :rotfl: Whew man, where did he get that stuff from. I cant stop laughing, so Muslims believe that Jesus is coming back :rotfl: Wow dont I wish they believed that, even if it was an erroneous understanding it would be a lot easier to convert them.
[/quote]

Actually Muslims DO believe that Jesus will return in the end times. They also believe that he was the Messiah… however, like the Jews, they don’t believe that the Messiah will actually be/was God himself.

The problem is that Muslims are great at usurping the beliefs of others and claiming them to be their own. They claim that Jesus WAS the Messiah but not God, and that when he returns he will return to show the Christians that he was NOT actually God. They believe that Jesus will then destroy Israel and their own end-times hero, whose prophesized characteristics match almost word for word the descriptin of the Antichrist in Revelations, will bring the world to submission and to the muslim faith.

Couldn’t be much more nauseating. :mad: But the stuff that guy’s pastor said was ridiculous :cool:

[quote=RPConover]Actually Muslims DO believe that Jesus will return in the end times. They also believe that he was the Messiah… however, like the Jews, they don’t believe that the Messiah will actually be/was God himself.

The problem is that Muslims are great at usurping the beliefs of others and claiming them to be their own. They claim that Jesus WAS the Messiah but not God, and that when he returns he will return to show the Christians that he was NOT actually God. They believe that Jesus will then destroy Israel and their own end-times hero, whose prophesized characteristics match almost word for word the descriptin of the Antichrist in Revelations, will bring the world to submission and to the muslim faith.

Couldn’t be much more nauseating. :mad: But the stuff that guy’s pastor said was ridiculous :cool:
[/quote]

They claim that all prophets are messiahs. They do not claim that Christ was a special messiah.

[quote=Alfie]The other night my pastor preached a sermon on the end times. He noted in his sermon that the Jews in Israel have formed a new Sanhedrin, which was an ancient rabbinical group in Israel. This new group is made up of two thousand rabbis that are dedicated to rebuilding the temple in Jerusalem. This temple in the Old Testament contained the Ark of the Covenant. The Romans destroyed the temple back in the days of Jesus. The Rock of the Dome is built on top of the temple ruins, and is a sacred place for the Moslems. The Sanhedrin has assembled building materials from all over the world to re-build the temple exactly like the one built in ancient days. They have everything arranged so that the temple can be re-built in a matter of two or three weeks. The Moslems know what the Jews intend to do with the Rock of the Dome and that their intentions are to demolish it. The Moslems now have a group of one million Moslems assembled who will commit martyrdom by suicide against the U.S. and Israel. The Jews will then retaliate with nuclear arms against the Moslems. My preacher believes that a sudden earthquake will destroy the Rock of the Dome instead of the Jews doing it themselves. In order for the Jews to use the temple they must sacrifice a red heifer on their alter. The problem is a red heifer is very rare and it must contain no more than three white hairs on it or it will be rejected as being impure. The Jews also believe that the remains from the old temple contain ashes from the red heifers that were sacrificed during Old Testament times. They want to get hold of the ashes and use the DNA from them to clone a red heifer.

[/quote]

My mother taught me a long time ago that if I have nothing nice to say, say nothing at all. So here I sit, quietly reading.:rolleyes:

Even if you don’t agree with Alfie, we can be polite about it. Let’s don’t mock the poster. Remember a lot of lurkers read these posts who will be influenced for or against Catholicism by your responses.

I don’t think that Catholics can understand how prevalent or frightening end times is in some Protestantant circles. This used to terrify me and even more so when I was told that I was to be happy about the end times in which millions of people were supposed to die. I couldn’t understand the glee that some people took in the potential suffering of others. I would have been overjoyed to understand that there is a different way to interpret all those verses in Revelation.

These Jews who want to rebuild the Temple are just as mistaken as Fundamentalists who re-interpret Revelation every 10 months to fit the latest political knot the world’s in.

[quote=RPConover]Actually Muslims DO believe that Jesus will return in the end times. They also believe that he was the Messiah… however, like the Jews, they don’t believe that the Messiah will actually be/was God himself.

[/quote]

Not the muslim I spoke to on the bus yesterday. He does not
believe Jesus is the Messiah, and so do alot of the muslims I
know where we live. The one I spoke to believes Jesus is Esau.
I have never heard a muslim telling me that they think Jesus is
the Messiah. They only told me He is a prophet, and not the
Messiah. They definitely do not believe He is God. Only a prophet.
They hold Muhammad in higher esteem than Jesus. I know this for a fact as I have spoken to many muslims about Christianity
as well as Islam.

[quote=deb1]Even if you don’t agree with Alfie, we can be polite about it. Let’s don’t mock the poster. Remember a lot of lurkers read these posts who will be influenced for or against Catholicism by your responses.

I don’t think that Catholics can understand how prevalent or frightening end times is in some Protestantant circles. This used to terrify me and even more so when I was told that I was to be happy about the end times in which millions of people were supposed to die. I couldn’t understand the glee that some people took in the potential suffering of others. I would have been overjoyed to understand that there is a different way to interpret all those verses in Revelation.
[/quote]

Deb1, if my post seemed to you “mocking,” then I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended. Not for my words per se, but for assuming that others would have a sense of humor. I have never been “politically correct” and I do not intend to start today. I call them as I see them and if some are offended, then I am sorry that they chose to take offense, but I will not be one of those who lives life choosing “nice words” supporting or candy-coating silliness. Besides this, it was not the Alfie which I was commenting on, but the sermon which he or she witnessed. God bless.

[quote=deb1]Even if you don’t agree with Alfie, we can be polite about it. Let’s don’t mock the poster. Remember a lot of lurkers read these posts who will be influenced for or against Catholicism by your responses.

[/quote]

Deb1, if my post seemed to you “mocking,” then I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended. Not for my words per se, but for assuming that others would have a sense of humor. I have never been “politically correct” and I do not intend to start today. I call them as I see them and if some are offended, then I am sorry that they chose to take offense, but I will not be one of those who lives life choosing “nice words” supporting or candy-coating silliness. God bless.

The Moslems know what the Jews intend to do with the Rock of the Dome and that their intentions are to demolish it.

Why would Muslims desecrate a site that they consider to be holy?

The Moslems now have a group of one million Moslems assembled who will commit martyrdom by suicide against the U.S. and Israel.

Says who?

The Jews will then retaliate with nuclear arms against the Moslems.

If the Jews destroy Mecca and Medina with nuclear weapons will Pakistan then destroy Jerusalem, Tel Aviv and Haifa with Pakistan’s nuclear weapons?

Do you really think the Israeli government believes that the third Temple is so important that they would start a nuclear war with Pakistan to build it?

[quote=Tietjen]Deb1, if my post seemed to you “mocking,” then I apologize to you and anyone else who was offended. Not for my words per se, but for assuming that others would have a sense of humor. I have never been “politically correct” and I do not intend to start today. I call them as I see them and if some are offended, then I am sorry that they chose to take offense, but I will not be one of those who lives life choosing “nice words” supporting or candy-coating silliness. Besides this, it was not the Alfie which I was commenting on, but the sermon which he or she witnessed. God bless.
[/quote]

Offense is much to strong a word. You didn’t offend me at all.

My point was that there are many lurkers who come to this site who would feel very relieved to understand that the fundamentalist’s view of the rapture is not the only interpretation of Revelation. That is why we should refute Allie’s post and do so in a kind and charitable manner.

As a young child I was terrified once by a Baptist sermon in which the pastor said that Jesus would come back to earth and kill so many nonChristians that the blood would be up to his horse’s bridle.:eek: I remember that the pastor even held his hand up to a certain height to explain how much blood there would be.

Hi Alfie! :slight_smile:

Well it must’ve been a pretty emotion-packed service. Was there an altar call? How many came forward?

One thing I’d like to correct is that the mosque that you refer to is called “The Dome of the Rock”. It is one of THE holiest places in all of Islam, and you’re right, it does sit just exactly on the site where Solomon’s temple was, which definitely complicates the daylights out of any efforts by the Jews to rebuild it. :bible1: As the Bible says it will be.

Most of the rest of that stuff is pretty far out there and for a Catholic perspective on it I suggest the following links.
Last Things and The Left Behind series.

Deb1, here’s a link to the verse that that preacher no doubt used. I’d look at the context. It seems to me that he’s drawing conclusions not in evidence.Revelation 14:20 and I’m sorry he scared you so badly with that. That article on the Left Behind books has some very good points to make about that very thing. Anyone who hasn’t read that article really should take the time to do so even though it’s kinda long. After all the 2nd coming is a deep and complicated topic, and the n-Cs talk like they have the whole thing locked down, when in fact the Rapture was never a teaching of the early church or any other part of Christianity until about 200 years ago when some Church of Ireland preacher concocted it. :irish1:

As for the new Sanhedrin. Here are the google results and here’s a Link to something on cloning the red heifer and THIS is probably something along the lines of what Alfie’s preacher is reading, but I think the sources are all pretty sketchy.
Pax vobiscum,

Yea, you can’t clone an animal from ashes either by the way, there’s no DNA in carbon.

Alfie,

I’m not sure how old you are, but when I was in my late teens in the 1970’s I read a good bit of this sort of thing. We were all going to be destroyed in the 1980’s by a nuclear war, China was assembling a 200,000,000-man army to invade Israel, and so on. The words change a little, but the song remains the same.

The question for us is, if all these things are going to happen, how should we live our lives? Here are my answers:

(1) We should go to church and worship God.
(2) We should try to stay away from sins and wickedness.
(3) We should live our lives serenely, confident in the fact that God has everything under control.

Now my next question: if everything your pastor said was false, and the events in Revelation are symbolic descriptions of the situation in the first century, how should we live our lives? Here are my answers:

(1) We should go to church and worship God.
(2) We should try to stay away from sins and wickedness.
(3) We should live our lives serenely, confident in the fact that God has everything under control.

• Liberian

[quote=RPConover]Yea, you can’t clone an animal from ashes either by the way, there’s no DNA in carbon.
[/quote]

I stand corrected, I was wrong about the DNA. What the preacher did say was that the Jews need the ashes to purify themselves. In ancient times, the ashes of a red heifer were mixed with spring water to purify high priests before they entered the Temple. That is why they want the ashes. It just goes to show you how dangerous it is to go by oral tradition. Look how I misquoted the Dome of the Rock and the ashes for DNA. Oral tradition is bound to be misinterpreted at some point in time. That is why God gave us the written word (Bible).

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.