The Franciscans

Hello, Which order of franciscans would be the strictest nowadays? Which order would most imitate how St. Francis and his early followers lived? God Bless!

[quote="seanom, post:1, topic:254007"]
Hello, Which order of franciscans would be the strictest nowadays? Which order would most imitate how St. Francis and his early followers lived? God Bless!

[/quote]

I praise your search.

Search for a user named JReducation, and ask him directly (he is a Franciscan brother.) He'd know. He's very knowledgeable.

[quote="seanom, post:1, topic:254007"]

[/quote]

I was an original Franciscan Brother (OFM).
I believ the stricest would be the cloisterd Franciscans.

JESUS I TRUST IN YOU

jr

Capuchins.

I’m not sure if they are the most strict, but the Franciscans of the Primitive Observance (FPOs) live a very simple lifestyle. They are in the Archdiocese of Boston, and their main house is in Lawrence, MA. I believe they also have a house in Nicaragua.

The most strict is definitely the Franciscans of the Primitive Observance. :)

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.