The friend-making friend

I really respect that. I hope everything has worked out well for you, you deserve it after working so hard.

2 Likes

Meh, I am still in school: it is really too early to say whether it has all been worth it or not.

I hope it pays off! I’ll pray for you. :slight_smile:

I’m assuming you’re in an American university right? (I see your location is Illinois) What’s it like?
I was in highschool in Busan, but I’m coming back to the states for college because I didn’t want to take the CSAT.
It looks a lot less structured from what I can tell, and the colleges I was looking at don’t seem very competitive, if that makes sense. (Like, class rank isn’t a very big deal.)

3 Likes

I am in pharmacy school right now, which is very different from undergraduate. You do not have control over your class schedule and you are expected to have a pole up your butt by professors and university personal because it is graduate school. However, at least there are no party animals at the on-campus apartments disturbing my sleep and studying. Back when I was in college, that was a huge problem even on week days.

However, classes at my graduate school are not graded on curves, so it is easier to get an A in graduate school than at my university. However, I went to a very top-tier university for undergrad and purposefully went to a lesser known school for grad school because I wanted to go to school with more down-to-earth individuals. In grad school, students are generally more willing to help each other out because the classes are not curved, so we are not pitted against each other in the classroom whereas, in undergrad, people only really helped out their closest buddies and sometimes outright sabotaged one another.

As for class rank, there are plenty of schools in the US that will take pretty much anyone that still has a pulse. I did not go for any of those, though.

EDIT: Did I answer your question? I think I veered off topic there.

1 Like

Yep! That was a pretty good answer, thank you!

1 Like

Thank you.

Talking about school tends to set me off into rant mode.

Y’all people with your talent.

1 Like

Anyway, can ya’ll pray for my job search? The pharmacy I am currently working at only gave me one extra shift since school ended and I am trying to find another gig for the other 5 days of the week at other stores within the same chain. Right now, a store in the city is looking at my application and called me this morning to confirm I was willing to make the commute.

5 Likes

Prayers offered for you in your job search, @redbetta!

2 Likes

As any southerner will tell you, it is spelt (and yes, that is the way we say it), “y’all”. You done triggered me with that. But yes, I will pray for you. (Don’t take me too seriously!)

2 Likes

Around here, some people say y’alls. :woozy_face:

1 Like

What can I say: I’m a very trigger-happy person.

1 Like

Keep your finger at the safety position! Wait, ya can’t, it’s the internet.

1 Like

Y’alls, here, if you mean it in the plural sense, is usually talking about different groups of people, Honestly though, it’s actually kind of rare to hear that anymore.

I seem to have forgotten how to relax. The extremely stressful semester we just had has been over for weeks and I still don’t feel at ease. Lockdown isn’t helping…we locked down again last week and it ruined my hiking plans with my friends.

1 Like

Praying for you.

1 Like

Actually, “spelt” is an acceptable past tense and past participle of “spell”. It’s just not used as frequently. :slight_smile:

I hope you feel better soon. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome! My aunt’s Croatian and my Mom learned the language waaaayyy back before I was born; she’s lost most of it now but now I want to learn Slovak (we’re from there, back in the day) so maybe I’ll pick some up!

2 Likes

I’m a 16 year old girl from Australia, currently in my second last year of high school. I converted to Catholicism at the age of fourteen after being raised atheist. I have no idea what I’m going to do with my life but I’ve thought about studying nursing, English or theology at uni (lol quite the mixed bag, I know) and am also considering the possibility of religious life. If that’s where God is calling me I’d be more drawn to contemplative orders like the Benedictines or the Carmelites. Particularly the Carmelites.

As for my hobbies, I don’t really have a lot of spare time especially after going back to ‘normal’ school (yeah coronavirus never really caught on here like it did in Europe and the US… and yet churches are still all but closed… our PM needs to get the memo haha) but when I do I usually read, walk my dog or do some knitting while watching YouTube. I’m boring and proud of it xD My family calls me an old woman. Ah well no shame in that.

3 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.