The Gates Of Hell

Will They Prevail?

youtube.com/watch?v=jWBVjzWoxKg

No.

If a particular Church falls into heresy or schism,can we say that the gates of hell have prevailed over that particular Church?

Which Church will the gates of hell never overcome???

Nope

The One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church. :smiley:

Do you mean this-

orthodoxwiki.org/One_Holy_Catholic_and_Apostolic_Church

[quote="Paul_theApostle, post:6, topic:250908"]
Do you mean this-

orthodoxwiki.org/One_Holy_Catholic_and_Apostolic_Church

[/quote]

oh boy I could be in some trouble here.

No I meant the Church that we profess in the Nicene Creed or the Apostle's Creed. As well as the Churches that are in communion with it.

I believe the Orthodox Churches have valid apostolic sucession and Sacraments, but are not in Communion with Rome. [correct me if I am wrong here. I am not that knowledgeable about Orthodox.] I don't know where they would fit in here, but I pray and pray and pray that East and West may be reunited one day.

God bless.

[quote="Little_One0307, post:7, topic:250908"]
oh boy I could be in some trouble here.

No I meant the Church that we profess in the Nicene Creed or the Apostle's Creed. As well as the Churches that are in communion with it.

I believe the Orthodox Churches have valid apostolic sucession and Sacraments, but are not in Communion with Rome. [correct me if I am wrong here. I am not that knowledgeable about Orthodox.] I don't know where they would fit in here, but I pray and pray and pray that East and West may be reunited one day.

God bless.

[/quote]

The Orthodox also recite the Nincene creed during their Liturgy believing they are the One Holy Church

+

[quote="Paul_theApostle, post:8, topic:250908"]
The Orthodox also recite the Nincene creed during their Liturgy believing they are the One Holy Church

+

[/quote]

Okay what I mean by the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church are those Rites/Churches who are in communion with Rome. The Roman Rite and the Eastern Rites that are in Communion with it.

I should have probably stated this in the first post I posted to this thread.

Thanks for calling my posts into question so that I could better clarify what I was saying.

God bless.

No worries

God Bless u

I honestly dont know where the One Holy Cath Apos. Church is..

pray for me :blush:

How does winning the battle vs. winning the war factor in the definition of the gates of hell prevailing?

[quote="Paul_theApostle, post:10, topic:250908"]
No worries

God Bless u

I honestly dont know where the One Holy Cath Apos. Church is..

pray for me :blush:

[/quote]

You will be in my prayers.

And you have only to ask. How about joining my Catholic Catechism Study Group. You can learn what the Church Teaches and hopefully find out what the One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church is.

You can find that group here.

forums.catholic.com/group.php?groupid=1099

God bless.

[quote="justtryin, post:1, topic:250908"]
...Will They Prevail?

Jesus says, "NOT".

...................................................................................................................

[/quote]

...Will They Prevail?

...................................................................................................................

[/quote]

No.

...Will They Prevail?

[/quote]

By God, NO!!!

Through the prayers of the Mother Of God..........have mercy on us and save us. Amen.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.