"The Gentle Gentile; Local Catholic Man Volunteers His Time to Fix Up Jewish Cemetery"

This news report tells of this "decidedly Catholic" man who has been spending time for two years fixing up a New York City Jewish cemetery that fell into ruin. He says he is trying to give these people some dignity back. "Its our duty as human beings to look after people who can't look after themselves."
see newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/10/the-gentle-gentile-local-catholic-man-volunteers-his-time-to-fix-up-jewish-cemetery/

[quote="mdgspencer, post:1, topic:291480"]
This news report tells of this "decidedly Catholic" man who has been spending time for two years fixing up a New York City Jewish cemetery that fell into ruin. He says he is trying to give these people some dignity back. "Its our duty as human beings to look after people who can't look after themselves."
see newyork.cbslocal.com/2012/07/10/the-gentle-gentile-local-catholic-man-volunteers-his-time-to-fix-up-jewish-cemetery/

[/quote]

I saw the report and the man doesn't think what he's doing is anything special. Other members of his family also pitch in. Who says New Yorkers are uncaring and self-absorbed?

I like New Yorkers…I remember pretty good the address in Queens…but lost the paper crossing the street…got down to the neighborhood…but then wasn’t sure…

A very nice older man came by. He owned the nearby hardware shop. I decided to go the local catholic church, he knew which one. We were able to locate the family and he drove me to the door…and everybody seemed very nice. They talk loud and very direct and then take off…I mean the bus drivers and people talking back and forth. They are pretty sharp, and can pretty much pick up on somebody’s ‘alley’.

I might add I took care of this Jewish couple who came out here from NYC to be with their kids. When I first came in, I saw a clock with Pacific time. Next to it was a clock with East coast time. Then the next thing I heard was ‘Who’s therrrrre???’…in a very thick Bronx accent. They both grew up in the Bronx.

A wonderful good man. He says cause its the right thing to do. :) May we all do the same, the right thing. God bless Anthony Pisciotta.

Wow, what a caring, thoughtful, humble man. Reading this story brought a tear to my eye. God bless him!

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.