(Romans, 1:3)

“God” was the fruit of the loins of David: “Therefore being a prophet, and
knowing that God had sworn with an oath to him, that of the fruit of his
loins, according to the flesh, he would raise up Christ to sit on his
throne.” (Acts, 2:30)

The Ancestors of “God”: “The generations of Jesus Christ, the son of David,
the son of Abraham.” (Matthew, 1:1)

The Sex of “God”: “And when eight days were accomplished for the
circumcising of the child, his name was called Jesus.” (Luke, 2:21)

How Mary Conceived and Delivered “God”. Mary conceived Jesus like any other
woman: “The days were accomplished that she should be delivered,” (Luke,
2:6) which means that she went through all the normal stages of pregnancy.
Nor was her delivery any different from other expectant mothers: “And she
being with child cried, travelling in birth, and pained to be delivered.”
(Revelation, 12:2)

“God” Sucked The Paps of a Woman: “And it came to pass, as he spake these
things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto
him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast
sucked.” (Luke, 11:27)

The Country of Origin of “God”: "Jesus was born in Bethlehem of Judaea in
the days of Herod the king. (Matthew, 2:1)

The Occupation of “God”: “Jesus was a carpenter by trade.” (Mark, 6:3),
“and the son of a carpenter.” (Matthew, 13:55)

The Transport of “God”: “Behold, thy king cometh unto thee, meek, and
sitting upon an ***.” (Matthew, 21:5) “And Jesus, when he had found a young
***, sat thereon.” (John, 12:14)

The Wining and Dining of “God”: “The Son of man came eating and drinking,
and they say, behold a man gluttonous, and a winebibber, a friend of
publicans and sinners.” (Matthew, 11:9; Luke, 7:34)

The Poverty of “God”: “And Jesus saith unto him, the foxes have holes, and
the birds of the air have nests; but the Son of man hath not where to lay his
head.” (Matthew, 8:20)

The Meagre Possessions of “God”: “Shoes of Jesus” (Luke, 3:16), “Garments
and coat of Jesus” (John, 19:23)

“God” Was a Devout Jew: “And in the morning, rising up a great while before
day, he went out, and departed into a solitary place, and there prayed.”
(Mark, 1:35)

“God” Was a Loyal Subject: Jesus was a good citizen, he was loyal to Caesar.
He said: “Render therefore unto Caesar the things which are Caesar’s; and
unto God the things that are God’s.” (Matthew, 22:21) He paid his tax
regularly. (Matthew, 17:24-27)

THE FAMILY OF “GOD”

“God” Was the Son of Joseph: “Philip findeth Nathanael, and saith unto him,
we have found him, of whom Moses in the law, and the prophets, did write,
Jesus of Nazareth, the son of Joseph” (John, 1:45)

Brothers and Brothers-in-law of “God”: "And when he was come into his own
country, he taught them in their
synagogue, insomuch that they were astonished, and said, whence hath this man
this wisdom, and these mighty works? Is not this the carpenter’s son? Is
not his mother called Mary? and his brethren, James, and Joses, and
Simon, and Judas? And his sisters, are they not all with us? Whence hath
this man all these things? (Matthew, 13:54-56)

THE DEVELOPMENT OF “GOD”

Spiritual Development of “God”: “And the child grew, and waxed strong in
spirit, filled with wisdom.” (Luke, 2:40)

Mental, Physical and Moral Development of “God”: “And Jesus increased in
wisdom and stature, and in favor with God and man.” (Luke, 2:52)

“God” Was 12 Years Old When His Parents Took Him to Jerusalem: “Now his
parents went to Jerusalem every year at the feast of the passover. And when
he was twelve years old, they went up to Jerusalem after the custom of the
feast.” (Luke, 2:41-42)

The Powerless “God” (Jesus) said: “I can of mine own self do nothing.”
(John, 5:30)

“God” Was Ignorant of the Time. Jesus said: “But of that day and that hour
knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but
the Father.” (Mark, 13:32)

“God” Was Ignorant of the Season: “And on the morrow, when they were come
from Bethany, he (Jesus) was hungry: and seeing a fig tree afar off having
leaves, he came, if haply he might find anything thereon: and when
he came to it, he found nothing but leaves; for the time of figs was not
yet.” (Mark, 11:12-13)

“God” Was Unlettered: “Now about the midst of the feast Jesus went up into
the temple, and taught. And the Jews marvelled, saying, How knoweth this man
letters, having never learned?” (John, 7:14-15)

“God” Learnt Through Experience: “Learned he obedience by the things which
he sufered.” (Hebrews, 5:8)

THE TEMPTING OF “GOD”

The Devil Tempted “God” For 40 Days: “And immediately the spirit driveth him
into the wilderness. And he was there in the wilderness forty days, tempted
of Satan.” (Mark, 1:12-13)

The Devil Tempted “God” Continuously: “And when the devil had ended all the
temptation, he departed from him for a season.” (Luke, 4:13)

Like the Sinners, “God” Was Tempted In All Things: “But (he) was in all
points tempted like as we are, yet without sin.” (Hebrews, 4:15)

True God Cannot be Tempted With Evil: “God cannot be tempted with evil,
neither tempteth he any man.” (James,
1:13)

Only The Ungodly Are Tempted With Evil: “But every man is tempted, when he
is drawn away of his own lust, and enticed.” (James, 1:14)

Hi
I think you post needs some attention of the Catholics to respond.
Thanks

Not understanding what the OP is trying to say.:confused:

I think the OP is questioning the divinity of Jesus.

Well, it doesn’t merit much. It is predicated on the denial of the divinity of Jesus Christ, and the denial of the nature of God. Having pointed that out, there’s not much more to add. It uses the same words as an exposition of the Christian faith, but it ascribes new meanings to them – in particular, to the word “God.”

Blessings,

Gerry

I think the OP is trying to point out that intejecting the word “God” into the above NT passages seems illogical given our understanding of the nature of God. At this level the post raises into question the divine nature of Jesus.

However, for Catholics via the mystery of the Trinity, these passages do not lead to illogical conclusions but say something special about God’s relationship with man and the mystery and beauty of the incarnation. The limitations of logic and language do not allow us to see and understand with the eyes and logic of faith.

Hi
Do you mean to say that Catholicism is a religion of mysteries, mysteries, mysteries…?
I don’t believe that you are correct in your approach. All Prophets (Jesus included) come to open the path of guidance, not to close it behind the mysteries. Jesus was a wise Son of Man/Woman, he could not say such unreasonable thing. However, there is no compulsion in religion, you please continue beleiving what you are taught to believe, unless you are convinced at heart otherwise.
Please don’t mind, it is just a discussion to reach the truth

Well, yes, though I doubt in the sense implied by that emphatic statement.

There’s a group of belief systems called “mystery religions”, and Christianity is not one of those. It is, however, a faith that includes mysteries. They are mysteries because humans cannot fully comprehend the particular beliefs, although they can apprehend them. The Eucharist, for example, is a mystery: The Body and Blood of Christ are truly and physically present, although the physical appearances of bread and wine remain. And we would know nothing of this at all were it not revealed to us.

Fine, but Christianity is not about '“reaching the truth”. It is about exploring the truth that has been revealed (we didn’t make Christianity up; the Deposit of the Faith was given to us), as far as out faculties will let us, recognizing, in all humility, that there are things revealed that we will simply never comprehend.

As for Jesus saying “unreasonable” things, well, when he gave us more insight into the nature of God, an His plans and wishes, it was inevitable that some things that, in human terms, were “unreasonable” would pop up from time to time. The alternative is either that our minds are as big as God’s, or God’s mind is as small as ours.

This is a problem in discussions, frequently. On the one hand, there can be objections that the position that the primary goal is not a search for truth, since it’s been given, impeded discussion, and may even reflect (it is claimed) arrogance. But to agree to join in a search for truth is to abandon the Christian faith, and then those wanting to discuss things with Christians are no longer doing so. We can, however, identify and explore more deeply together the truths that we do share.

Blessings,

Gerry

Hi Paarsurrey, thanks for your comment. I know that you are not trying to be offensive.

I believe that all Prophets have tried to rectify and clarify our relationship with God, not to necessarily give “factual” knowledge about God (I know this phrase is weak-I apologize).

The definition of the word mystery is “something beyond understanding”. God himself is a mystery. God himself is not subject to the limitations of human logic.

For example, our logic requires that a thing that exists have an origin and a beginning. “Where did it come from?” is always a valid question for the human mind. Humans cannot apply this question to God given our concept of God, yet the question remains for us: “where did God come from?” To our minds this is a break in the chain of logic and we have to accept it as a mystery (beyond our understanding). Saying that God always existed doesn’t answer the question in a manner satisfactory to the requirements of human logic. Faith by its nature is the belief (not knowledge) in the unknowable, unknowable at least to our normal empirical/logical faculties.

At another level, if you accept that God is the author of everything, then everything that exists must come from God and be of God. In this sense (non-Catholic of course), everything is composed of the divine. This panentheistic notion is interesting with interesting ramifications (we are all composed of God-you, me, Jesus, Mohamed-this idea interestingly parallels modern science which suggests that we are all made out of the particles that came from the stars and the Big Bang). Sadly, this notion is probably heretical to most faiths.

What the post is about I am not sure:shrug:

But it doesn’t take into account that Jesus is both True God and True Man.

Excerpted from the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

The Church confesses that Jesus is inseparably true God and true man. He is truly the Son of God who, without ceasing to be God and Lord, became a man and our brother.

At the time appointed by God, the only Son of the Father, the eternal Word, that is, the Word and substantial Image of the Father, became incarnate; without losing his divine nature he has assumed human nature.

Jesus Christ is true God and true man, in the unity of his divine person; for this reason he is the one and only mediator between God and men.

Jesus Christ possesses two natures, one divine and the other human, not confused, but united in the one person of God’s Son.

Christ, being true God and true man, has a human intellect and will, perfectly attuned and subject to his divine intellect and divine will, which he has in common with the Father and the Holy Spirit.

The Incarnation is therefore the mystery of the wonderful union of the divine and human natures in the one person of the Word.

Hello ahmadhassan … haven’t you been banned enough times? You should have gotten the hint by now.

:bigyikes: :blush: :blush: :rotfl:

Oh my goodness is that him AGAIN!

DON’T FEED THE TROLL

I don’t agree that the search for truth is a rejection of Christian faith. When we approach the Bible and attempt to puzzle out apparently contradictory verses and actions are we not searching for truth (Christian truth)? Your statement can reduce to a blanket prohibition against questioning the faith. Isn’t this the sort of questioning and search for Christian truth that occured in the early councils of the Church as they attempted to formulate the “true” faith? How was the original canon constructed if not through a search for truth?

It’s a bit of a fine point, I suppose.

Is the exploration of revealed truth a search for the truth? Well, yes, in that it can lead to new insights. But what it does not lead to is new truths, and beware any Christian who comes up to you and says, “Behold, I reveal to you a new truth.” Denominations that bless same sex “unions” do so because of such “new truths” they have unearthed. In proclaiming dogma, the Church never delivers new truth. She provides clearer and deeper insight to what has always been true.

But at bottom, the Christian pursuit of truth – I like that image better than search for truth – is not a process whereby we, somehow, decide that truth exists, and go and use our reason, and then say, “Here’s the truth.” We believe a revealed God – not a God of our intellectual devising, or that we have somehow figured out – and in truths that he has revealed. Catholics explore much more than some denominations in examining that revealed truth, since we acknowledge natural law, wherein some of that truth is revealed in creation, rather than exclusively within the pages of a book. But our exploration is always a disciplined one. No truth we explore can lead to a contradiction of the truths revealed. For example, Jesus made it quite clear that his Father’s plan for marriage was between a man and a woman, until death. If our explorations lead us to conclude otherwise, we’ve made a wrong turn, period.

Now, anyone who embraces, say, that truth about marriage, we can, to mutual benefit, explore the truth of marriage with. But if someone came to us and said, “Join me on a search, and together we will figure out, and agree to, what marriage is all about,” we’d have some difficulty agreeing.

Some people refer to Christians as being on a journey. True, sort of. We are on a journey, like pilgrims, to a definite and intended destination. We are not mere sojourners, who delight in the mere fact of being on a journey, irrespective of what, if any, the destination might be. And the prescribed Christian destination, the purpose of the journey, is not of our own choosing, either. It, too, was revealed.

Blessings,

Gerry

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Have no doubt he will be back… :hypno:

He does not seem to take a heavy handed hint very well. IMHO, as I said in another thread, he’s not used to having Christians stand up to him. :thumbsup:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.