The "Golden Rule" is wrongly identified

No one should seek his own advantage, but that of his neighbor.
1 Corinthians 10:24

I think the above passage from Scripture should be called the Golden Rule rather that the one “do unto others as you would have them do unto you”.

The difference is that the Corinthians passage implies a positive, full time attitude of action and thought, whereas the “do” passage only implies when you actually do something.

Who named “the Golden Rule” ? I think they could have make a better choice.

Probably because 21 other religions have af form of the same quotation.

religioustolerance.org/reciproc.htm

Well, seeing as the author of the Golden Rule was none other than Jesus Himself…

“So in everything, do unto others what you would have them do to you, for this sums up the Law and the Prophets.” Matt: 7; 12

In my life’s experiences “The Golden Rule” means:
“Whoever has the Gold, makes the Rules” :rolleyes:

But to you who hear I say, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who mistreat you. To the person who strikes you on one cheek, offer the other one as well, and from the person who takes your cloak, do not withhold even your tunic. Give to everyone who asks of you, and from the one who takes what is yours do not demand it back. Do to others as you would have them do to you.

Luke 6:27-31

No offense to Paul, but I think I’ll use Jesus’ quote as the higher authority.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.