The Gospel amidst apathy

How can one evangelize in an apathetic world? What can I do to not only try to inform others about the faith, but also spark a little interest in them?

I think volunteer work is a great way to help people realize you care about this world and the people in it. When people realize others care, it moves them to care and to get involved too, and from there you begin sharing the Gospel.

Live your faith.

“Be the change you want to see in the world (Ghandi).”

Your every action, your every word, whilst in public view can reflect God’s love.

At the end of every Mass we are called to be a witness to God. We can do that in so many different ways.I enjoy pleasant discussions with people and try to bring God’s love to them.It would be counter productive to tell people what to believe.They can see God and come to know of Him through our actions and words.

Acts of kindness and thoughtfulness reflect God’s love.
Helping a neighbour can mean so much to a person and can bring God to them.
I attended the cinema recently and had a discussion with a young lady serving me who noticed I was wearing a crucifix.She was interested enough to ask me questions which enabled me to discuss God and His love for all.

I like to help people whenever I can.There are some homeless people I try to regularly speak with and have given crucifixes to some of them aswell as money and food and hot drinks.

There are so many ways to live our faith. These are just a few of my thoughts

God bless you

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: to what bearkatjen and tbcrawford said.

As it is Charles Dickens birthday to day I thought it would be appropriate to post this quote form him to his children in the book he wrote for them.
THE LIFE OF OUR LORD
written especially for his children by
CHARLES DICKENS
1812-1870

[It is christianity TO DO GOOD always – even to those who do evil to us. It is
christianity to love our neighbour as ourself, and to do to all men as we would have them Do to
us. It is christianity to be gentle, merciful, and forgiving, and to keep those qualities quiet in our
own hearts, and never make a boast of them, or of our prayers or of our love of God, but always
to shew that we love Him by humbly trying to do right in everything. If we do this, and remember
the life and lessons of Our Lord Jesus Christ, and try to act up to them, we may confidently hope
that God will forgive us our sins and mistakes, and enable us to live and die in Peace.]

Pray, pray and pray. For strength, for increased faith. You may not be able to change their apathy, but God sure can, and does, and will. All throughout history, whenever the prevailing big-sin-culture-of-the-day became too big, it always self-destructed or was destroyed from without. It will happen again, quite possibly in our lifetimes. Prepare yourself through prayer and Eucharistic Adoration. Be patient; God will give you your opportunity when he is ready.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.