The Gospel of Luke and the books of Samuel

Hi all I was just wondering if anyone knew of any good studies on the many similarities between the first chapter of Luke and the books of Samuel, a few I have come across are:

Luke 1:46-55 to 1 Sam 2:1-10
Luke 1:41 to 2 Sam 6:16
Luke 1:56 to 2 Sam 6:11
Luke 1:43 to 2 Sam 6:9
Luke 1:32-33 to 2 Sam 7:13-14
Luke 1:19 to 1 Sam 6:20-21
Luke 1:39 to 1 Sam 19:16
Luke 1:68 to 1 Sam 25:32

There are more I believe but just wondering if anyone knows of other ones.

Woops making a correction to one verse.

It sounds like some of the comparisons of the type of Mary as the Ark. Here is a chart on the matter from agapebiblestudy.com.

[quote="MarcoPolo, post:3, topic:322945"]
It sounds like some of the comparisons of the type of Mary as the Ark. Here is a chart on the matter from agapebiblestudy.com.

[/quote]

Thanks for that. However I am actually looking to show that the first chapter of Luke is heavily influenced by the books of Samuel, and that Luke is purposely relating Mary to the Ark of the covenant, by showing that some of the verses in Luke are almost exact quotes from Samuel. So I am looking more for help in finding more comparisons to show between the two texts, and that way we can say with proper exegesis Luke himself is making the connection to Mary as the Ark of the Covenant and then that would establish biblical basis for all Marian dogmas, such as the Assumption (Ps 132:8) Immaculate Conception (Exodus 25:10-22) and Ever Virginity (2 Sam 6:6-7).

[quote="murraymuzz, post:4, topic:322945"]
Thanks for that. However I am actually looking to show that the first chapter of Luke is heavily influenced by the books of Samuel, and that Luke is purposely relating Mary to the Ark of the covenant, by showing that some of the verses in Luke are almost exact quotes from Samuel. So I am looking more for help in finding more comparisons to show between the two texts, and that way we can say with proper exegesis Luke himself is making the connection to Mary as the Ark of the Covenant and then that would establish biblical basis for all Marian dogmas, such as the Assumption (Ps 132:8) Immaculate Conception (Exodus 25:10-22) and Ever Virginity (2 Sam 6:6-7).

[/quote]

I wrote two books demonstrating the connection between Luke's gospel and the Historical Books of the Old Testament, including the books of Samuel.

You can check out "The Power of Four: Keys to the Hidden Treasures of the Gospels" (www.angelicopress.com), and "Son of God, Son of Man: On the Gospels of St. Mark and St. Luke" (www.xlibris.com). Both of these books can also be ordered through Amazon.com.

In Christ,

Dr. Eduardo P. Olaguer

[quote="murraymuzz, post:4, topic:322945"]
However I am actually looking to show that the first chapter of Luke is heavily influenced by the books of Samuel, and that Luke is purposely relating Mary to the Ark of the covenant, by showing that some of the verses in Luke are almost exact quotes from Samuel.

[/quote]

The chart I linked to does show this. :o

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.