The Great Pope

Who will the great pope be?

Any references?

The greatest Pope yet is Gregory the Great.

I say St. Leo the Great :smiley: . He dogmatically laid down foundational Christological teaching especially regarding the natures of Christ (he is now known as the Doctor of Doctrine), he fought and overcame a robber council, he asserted the truth and the rights of Rome by exercising his authority over an ecumenical council and some ambitious Greeks, he appeased the Goths to not kill everyone in Rome, and he single handedly turned back Atilla the Hun–and on top of that, he had heroic virtue :thumbsup:

St. Gregory the Great was great by all means–but I think St. Leo was slightly greater :cool:

Yes, but it was Gregory the Great who took the primacy of Rome a step farther and that it was not just a “primacy of honor.” He was responisible for allowing St. Augustine of Canterbury go and convert the Anglo-Saxons. He also responsible for his concern for the conversion of the Germans. He was also the first to actually unify the Western Church, making the main form of monastiscim Benedictine, combining the Western Fathers, although the Western Church existed before that. He also Reformed the Roman Liturgy. He did so much that even Protestants and Orthodox Christians cannot deny that he agreed that the Pope of Rome has jurisdiction over the whole Church.

See for yourself:):
newadvent.org/cathen/06780a.htm

In my opinon, St. Leo was great, but St. Gregory did a lot to prove that the Pope has more that just a primacy of honor.

I believe this person is reffering to the Pope spoken about in the prophecies about the Era of Peace that comes after a period of chastisment. This Pope is also know by the title “Angelic Shepherd.”

Thank you.

I have to second that. He was an amazing man and his writings are amazing.

Where does this come from? I checked my Douay-Rheims Bible and don’t see anyone called a Great Pope or Angelic Shepherd in the Apocalypse (aka Revelation).

It’s private prophecy.

Oh. Then why is it posted on the Sacred Scripture forum?

I believe that the angelic shepherd is Fr. Sudac.

The angelic shepherd is mentioned in Scripture, but in a hidden way. The phrase ‘angelic shepherd’ is not used, but the idea is present (at least in my interpretation).

Ron

Who exactly is Father Sudac? Is he even a Cardinal let alone a bishop?

Did not have time to read this have to go to work. But I think this will answer you question.

fathersudac.org/

My question is how do you know that Father Sudac is going to be the Great Pope? Is this priest in good standing w/ Rome? That’s an important one.

“The fifth period of the Church, which began circa 1520, will end with the arrival of the Holy Pope and of the powerful Monarch who is called “Help from God” because he will restore everything [in Christ].”

Venerable Bartholomew Holzhauser, from Apocalypsin, pg. 69. (17th century)

Anyone familiar with Bartholomew’s commentary on Apocalypsin?

Here’s more:

“France shall fall into a frightful anarchy. The French shall have a desperate civil war in the course of which old men themselves will take up arms. The political parties, having exhausted their blood and their rage without being able to arrive at any satisfactory understanding, shall at last extremity agree by common consent to have recourse to the Holy See. Then the Pope shall send to France a special legate…In consequence of the information recieved, his Holiness himself shall nominate a most Christian king for the government of France*.*”

Blessed Anna Maria Taigi, The Prophets of Our Times, Rev. Jerald Culleton, Taft, Cal., Imp. Bishop Phillip G. Sher, 1941, p. 194.

At that time, the Pope, with the cardinals will have to flee Rome in trying circumstances to a place where he will be unknown. He will die a cruel death in this exhile. The sufferings of the Church will be much greater than at any previous time in her history…God will raise a holy Pope over whom the Angels will rejoice. Enlightened by God, this man will reconstruct almost the entire world through his holiness.”

Brother John of the Cleft Rock (14th century), The Prophets are Our Times, p. 29

The fifth period of the Church, which began circa 1520, will end with the arrival of the Holy POpe and of the powerful Monarch who is called “Help from God” because he will restore everything [in Christ].
**The fifth period is one of affliction, desolation, humiliation, and poverty for the Church. ** Jesus Christ will purify His people through cruel wars, famines, plague, epidemics, and other horrible calamities. He will also afflict and weaken the Latin Church with many heresies. It is period of defections, calamities and extermination. Those Christians who survive the sword, plague and famines, will be few on earth. Nations will fight against nations, and will be desolated by interecine dissensions.”

Apocalypsis, Bartholomew Holzhauser, 1850.

“The sixth period of the Church will begin with the powerful Monarch and the Holy Pontiff, as mentioned previously, and it will last until the revelation of Antichrist. In this period, God will console His Holy Church for the affliction and great tribulation which she has endured during the fifth period. All nations will become Catholic. Vocations will be abundant as never before, and all men will seek only the Kingdom of God and His justice. *Men will in peace and this will be granted because people will make their peace with God. * They will under the protection of the Great Monarch and his successors.”

Apocalypsis, Bartholomew Holzhauser, 1850.

“All the ecclesiastics, both secular and regular, shall be stripped of their possessions and of every kind of property, and obliged to beg from lay persons their food and everything necessary for their support, and for the worship of God.”

During these calamities the Pope shall die…Through the death of the Supreme Pontiff the Church will be reduced to the most painful anarchy, becausse from three hostile powers (through their influence) three popes will be contemporaneously elected: one Italian, another German, the Third Greek. This [the Greek], by force of ams, shall be placed on the throne.”

“During this time, much human blood will be shed in Italy, and many cities, country towns and castles [military fortesses] shall be brought to ruin, with the death of many thousands of persons. By the Catholic clergy and people *the true and lawful Pope will be elected *who shall be a man of great holiness and goodness of life.”

Capuchin Friar (18th century), Christian Trumpet p. 55

Some of the prophecies say that he will be from the shores of Dalmatia (i.e. modern day Croatia). Fr. Sudac is from an island of Croatia called Krk (no vowel for some reason).

Fr. Sudac is by all accounts very holy, has many spiritual gifts, and is in good standing with his Bishop and with the Church.

fathersudac.org/
fathersudacretreats.com/

I believe that he has the Seal of the living God discribed in Revelation 7, which has not yet been given out to other persons in the world. Some of the prophecies make mention of this Seal.

Ron

Are you familiar with Holzhauser’s Apocalypse?

Have you read his writings in Pastoral Rule?

Since this topic is veering farther and farther away from Scripture…thank you to all who participated, this thread is now closed.

Mane Nobiscum Domine,
Ferdinand Mary

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.