Mod, feel free to move it if this is in the wrong sub-forum.
This afternoon, I went to a used bookshop. I saw this book; The Great Sacrilege by Fr. F. Wathen, O.S.J. It’s published by Tan Books & Publishers. I was quite surprised when I read the synopsis at the back cover.
This book proves…
- The “New Mass” does not involve Papal Infallibility
- The Apostolic Constitution Missale Romanum of Pope Paul VI is null and void
- The Apostolic Constitution Quo Primum od Pope Pius V is still in effect
- The “Tridentine Mass” is the only Mass of the Latin Rite
- The “New Mass” is new
- The “New Mass” is illegal
- The “New Mass” is immoral
- The “New Mass” is not Catholic
- The “New Mass” - if we believe inthe Council of Trent and official documents of the Church - is no Mass at all
- The “New Mass” is THE GREAT SACRILEGE
I bought the book because of the price (SGD $2) and also curiousity. I’m interested in Liturgy so I think it’s good to know why he wrote the book.
I searched in Google and couldn’t really understand some of the web sites about the author (too many words!). But it seems he’s a bad guy. He calls JPII as heretic, bad Pope, and such.
Does anyone know about this book?
Btw, the copyright is in 1971