The great thing about being a catholic Is .?

Having Jesus in the Eucharist!

And belonging to the Church that was the Early Church.

come-to-the-catholic-side-we-have-jesus-come-to-19019078

The sacraments are the glue that hold my soul and my life together - baptism, confession, Eucharist, confirmation, Holy matrimony, Anointing of the sick - they are all such beautiful gifts that I wish the whole world would unwrap and bring into their lives.

And adoration- you can’t love someone you don’t know, and you can’t know them unless you spend time with them. Adoration is a beautiful opportunity and gift.

I went last night. I’ve had a very stressful week at work - I have a lot going on in my personal life - I’m being put under full anesthesia tomorrow for the first time and I’ll admit I’m scared - my husband is having two major cardiac tests tomorrow in another state. Fate decreed all of this is on the same day.

I was leaving Mass, and I thought…I’m not ready to go home.

I went to the Adoration Chapel and just sat there in the silence and prayed. I was in there the better part of a half-hour.

Today was a better day. I was a different person. I’m still scared, I’m still nervous, but I’m calmer and more pulled together. I had a great day overall, even with my mind going a mile a minute.

How could that not be because of the half hour I spent with Jesus?

I’d never know about that if I wasn’t Catholic.

Adoration has the same effect on me. Hard to describe, but, wow, what a difference.

I literally cannot wait to go back. If I didn’t live so far from the all night chapel (the one I would feel safe going to alone after dark), I’d go tonight.

(I’d give you a like, Stephie, but I’m all out of them already today!)

Eucharist
A 1,985 year old Church
A nuanced approach to Scripture and morality that gets the full Truth

My daughter and I went for a half hour today, and I too am grateful that such a thing exists. That He is willing to be a prisoner of love (as St. Therese says) for our benefit is mind boggling and humbling. Sometimes when I am going through a hard time and I don’t even know how or what to pray, I can go there and just sit with Him. We don’t even have to say anything, because we are together and that is enough. Just being in His presence is healing.

I pray that everything goes well with your surgery and that your husband will be okay. For the sake of Jesus’ passion, have mercy on Pup7 and her husband, and on the whole world. Amen.

P.S. Try not to be too scared of the anesthesia. I’ve had many surgeries unfortunately and I always say I hope dying is as easy as being put to sleep. It is so peaceful you don’t even realize it’s happening and then the next thing you know you are waking up in recovery. I pray death is as easy of a transition. May God’s peace be upon you!

Jesus Christ’s Presence in the Holy Eucharist and belonging to the one true Faith.

‘Bout sums it up.

Thank you so much.

It’s funny that I’ve prepped so many patients for this sort of thing, and here I am with the shoe finally on the other foot. We all get our turn, for sure! :wink:

Back to the thread.

You can always go to a Catholic Church, too, and adore Jesus hidden in the Tabernacle. Many Churches are locked up in the evening, though, which is a bummer.

I’ll pray for your speedy recovery. I’m tempted to go to adoration now, but am pretty wiped out from being at the gym more hours than I ought to admit to :open_mouth:

What I have found is that after being a protestant for most of my life, and prior to that a jehovah’s witness, I am finally able to see what worship is like.

Sitting in a church listening to a sermon, is woefully incomplete without the ability to worship God.

1.2 billion brothers and sisters in Christ.

Apart from being in the Church Christ himself founded, I love the Universality of the Faith. Wherever I go, whether in my country or in another, I see the same mass, the same prayers, and the same Faith as I first saw in the church of my Baptism.

Official state bird of my home state.

The state I claim as home has it too. :slight_smile:

I find that amazing as well. It was actually part of what drew me to Catholicism.

-Undiluted - There from the beginning

-The Catechism of the Catholic Church - You have questions, the Church has the answers!

-Central authority- Faith is better protected by a central authority.

-The magisterium

-We all have the same Mother - Holy Mary, will never turn her back on us, intercedes for us with the Father and Son when we dare not approach.

-The Saints - Thousands who were perfected in Christ. They guide, intercede, and witness to us paths to holiness. They pray for us and are always ready to intercede.

-Confession - Through an ordained Catholic Priest who acts as a vessel for Christ to hear and forgive our sins. Without this, the real presence in the Eucharist, would not be approachable

-Holy Communion - Union with Christ our Savior, propels us towards Heaven and Holiness. Without this, earth would wither and die, and us with it.Available 7 days a week! [in most areas]

-The Rosary, chief weapon of the Church Militant, mighty weapon and shield against Satan, his minions, his traps, his snares, and his lies.

-Adoration - A way to visit and worship Christ at any time, in person. Seat of miracles.

• Sacramentals - the scourge of demons everywhere

-Biggest variety of the best and most efficacious prayers and litanies around

-Better access to purgatory! [see confession, adoration, rosary, prayer] Doesn’t sound like a perk? You would be wrong. Few of us would get to heaven without purgatory. While unpleasant, those in purgatory are ALL glad they got there, they are saved. Knowing about purgatory also gives us motivation to shorten or escape time there. It also makes us mindful to pray for those who suffer there, thus shortening their stay.

-Redemptive suffering - Having a bad day? Offer it up and don’t whine to put all that pain to good use. Do that, and it will reduce or negate your visit to purgatory. You can also help those around you with redemptive suffering, alive or dead.

-And much much more!

I can walk into a Catholic church in another country and feel like I am at home.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.