The Great Whore of Babylon and her Harlot daughters!!!!

The Great Whore of Babylon and her Harlot daughters!!!
This statement is refering to the Catholic Church and all Protestant churches since Luther, according to the LDS doctrine. IS THIS TRUE!? Any Mormons out there care to explain this to me? :confused:

Why worry what some Mormans think? Just try to be a true Christian

Do Justice, Love Mercy, and walk HUMBLY with God:thumbsup:

Don’t get too upset by it. Pray for them.

The Great Whore of Babylon is Jerusalem because they did not recognized Jesus Christ as their Messiah. Babylon is the code name for Rome used by writers of the NT.

Babylon and the Harlot conspire to destroy the Christians. This all started after Jesus ascended into heaven, and when the Apostle preached the Gospels ‘orally.’

When the Sandhedrin noticed a large number of people converting to this religion of Christ, they tried to shut the Apostles out. The Apostle lead by Peter refuse and continue to preach the Good News.

The Sandhedrin (Pharisees) persecuted the Christians started with St. Stephen (first Christian martyr). Soon after that Saul seek out the Apostles and the Christians until he himself was converted.

Then later on indirectly in another part of the Roman Empire, a certain Roman Emperor Nero set fire to Rome. The Jewish leaders who did not like the Apostles convince Nero that it was Christians who burn. So Nero sent out an eddict throughout the Empire killing all Christians.

The killing ended when Nero erected a statue of himself in Holy Temple. The Jews became angry and revolted. Thus began the Jewish-Roman Wars 67-70 A.D. At this time, Christian persecution ended (only briefly, there would be other Emperors who would continue to persecute Christians). The Holy Temple Jerusalem was destroyed in 70 A.D just as Jesus predicted.

Whore of Babylon is Jerusalem, Harlots are the Jewish Leaders, and Babylon is Pagan Rome.

Can you hook us up with a link?

As a note, I believe that the ancestors of Jews today took most of the punishment from God during the Jewish Roman Wars, and they have been redeemed by God. For one, they regain their Holy Land back.

I know that my Mom believes this. She is Mormon and since I left Mormonism she thinks I’m going to Hell.

I’m sorry.:frowning:

Thanks Mof4. It stings, but I’m getting used to it. Sadly.

Must be hard I am the only Catholic in my family, no one else is even christian, I worry for thier souls. I will pray for your family

Once when I was in what I thought was a friendship with a woman who later turned out to be a Jehovah’s Witness only she didn’t have the guts to be honest with me about it for thirteen years, she asked in a roundabout way during a phone conversation: “Some people say that the Catholic Church is the Whore of Babylon. What do you think about that?”

Without missing a beat, I simply answered, “Whoever says that is awfully bigoted.”

And so ended that topic of conversation. Little did I know that my “friend” belonged to a cult that walked around saying things like that.

~~ the phoenix

Of course its not true, what a stupid question, how could you take a statement like that seriously.

Garry, I think he’s asking if it’s true that mormon doctrine teaches this.

I think it is true that it is pretty much a doctrine held in common by all of the cults, not just the Morons.

It is also taught by Jehovah’s Witnesses, and Seventh Day Adventists.

The Great Whore of Babylon and her Harlot daughters!!!

Ha Ha Ha. I am used to the woman I love [and whom Christ loves] being called ‘the Great Whore’, but I have never heard of Protestants called ‘her Harlots’. :wink: I do think it rather amusing that those who protest at us are tarred with the same brush. :cool:

Why arent the Anabaptists Harlot daughters??? What makes them so special???

I know a guy named DBA on a forum I moderate who says this stuff all the time. He is really interesting. This is the guy (and the forum.) Feel free to join and post if you want but dont forget to keep on posting here at CAF!

bridgercomputer.com/36/profile.php?mode=viewprofile&u=8&sid=7f37851e9f67164afd8b29b0a6c86c9c

Sorry Garry, but your Mormon leaders have taught this doctrine and continue to teach it today.

Here is the quote from Mormon “apostle” Orson Pratt that the OP was referring to:

The gates of hell have prevailed and will continue to prevail over the Catholic mother of harlots, and over all her Protestant daughters; but as for the apostolical Church of Christ, she rests secure in the mansions of eternal happiness, where she will remain until the apostate Catholic church, with all her popes and bishops, together with all her harlot daughters shall be hurled down to hell; (Orson Pratt’s Works, p. 189-190)

Brigham Young, successor to Joseph Smith and second “prophet” of the Mormon Church gave us his view of the God of the Christians:

But to return to the Christians’ idol. The pious, zealous, religious and hypocritical in our day, uniting with political demagogues, have set up a God for us to worship… this loathsome, filthy, debauched, degraded monster is held up for our veneration and worship by its corrupt Christian devotees as the essence of everything that is great and grand, noble and praiseworthy; and we are called upon to fall down and worship this loathsome monster. (Journal of Discourses, 26 vols., 23:, p.36)

If you are ashamed of your prophets’ teachings, that is your problem, not ours.
Paul

According to the Catholic hating Seventh Day Adventists, the Papacy is the “Great Ho of Babylon”, and “The Beast” all of the Protestant churches (including in SDA figureing the Mormons) are “Daughters of the Ho”.

The SDA even though they never existed before 1860, is to them the One and only true church that exists.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.