The greatest error of Islam

Muhammed took Catholicism and removed the parts he couldn’t comprehend (should we be able to comprehend the entirety of an infinite God?). This primarily meant the Trinity–specifically in regards to the Incarnation and the Holy Spirit–and the Sacraments.

Unfortunately, this is where man encounters God in the most initmate sense–in God-made-man and through the mysteries of the Eucharist and the other sacraments. This is how man experiences and partakes in the love of God most personally and intimately. By removing these things, God was inevitably made more distant and less personal. The love of God is not as overtly present in one’s life. In such a case it is more difficult to suffer for that love.

Just as a child lacking love at home acts out disruptively in school, so are those lacking love are more likely to act out violently in the world. Those who have confidence in the love of God are better equipped to bear criticism and insults patiently because they have affirmation from God. On the other hand, those without confidence in such love, when they are criticized and not given affirmation from outside sources, they are more likely to react strongly and violently.

You are right that Muhammad did not understand the Trinity. Here is the evidence:

Those who talked to Messenger of Allah, peace be upon him, were Abu Haritha Ibn Alqama, Al-Aqib Abdul-Masih and Al-Ayham al-Said.] They were Christians according to the faith of the king with differences between them; they say: He is Allah, and say: He is Son of Allah, and say: He is the third of three * and these are the claims of Christianity. [They use as evidence for their claim that He is Allah the argument that] he used to raise the dead, cure the sick, create from clay bird-like structure then breathe into it to make it a [living] bird. All this was by the leave of Allah, the Praiseworthy the Exalted {to appoint him as a sign for men} (Maryam:21).

They also argue for saying that he is Son of Allah by saying he had no known father and spoke in infancy which is something never done by any human being. They use as evidence for their claim that He is the third of three * the argument that Allah says: We did, We commanded, We created and We judged , and whereas if He was one, He would say: I did, I judged, I commanded and I created; but it is He, Jesus and Maryam. The Qur’an was revealed addressing all these arguments.[27] Ref: Abu Muhammad Abd al-Malik Ibn Hisham al-Maafiri, Al-Sirah Al-Nabawiyyah, 1998, Volume II, Dar al-Hadith: Cairo (Egypt), pp. 181-182; also A. Guillaume, The Life Of Muhammad: A Translation Of Ishaq’s Sirat Rasul Allah, 1998 (13th impression), Oxford University Press: Karachi (Pakistan), pp. 271-272.
islamic-awareness.org/Quran/MuhBible.html

“They do blaspheme who say: God is one of three in a Trinity: for there is no god except One God. If they desist not from their word (of blasphemy), verily a grievous penalty will befall the blasphemers among them.” (Koran 5:73)

When God asked Jesus, son of Mary “Did you tell men to consider you and your mother as their gods besides God?” he replied, "Glory be to you! How could I say what I have no right to say? Had I ever said it, You would have certainly known about it. You know what is in my soul, but I do not know what is in Yours. It is You who has absolute knowledge of the unseen.*

Great points Genesis315!

correct Genesis. I even got online books in pdf that show where Muhammad got his info from…but in Arabic and most participants here don’t know it .

WTF! How could God asked Isa and consider him and his mother as our god sbeside god?..:rolleyes: :rolleyes: so funny :confused:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.