The Greatest Saints of the Latter Days

St. Louis de Montfort told us that in these times, the latter times, he said that God is going to raise up the greatest Saints that we have ever seen. Even to the point, he said, that those Saints will tower over the Saints of the past the way that a cedar of Lebanon towers over a shrub. Think about some of the great Saints we have, and they are going to look like shrubs compared to what’s coming. And you can be one of those Saints. There is no reason why you can’t. So that’s when we, again, put it into context of what St. Paul said in the second reading today, this is making the best out of the situation. The times are evil so make the best of your opportunity he said. Remain faithful to Jesus all the way to the crucifixion and become a great Saint.

So they will be greater saints than the saints of the past… What do you think they will do that will make them the greatest saints?

The Kingdom of Heaven is built of living stones. We are those stones. We stand upon the shoulders of those who come before us and those who come after us will stand upon us. We build our dwelling in heaven upon the foundation of the lives of the Saints. How much easier will it be for us to reach those lofty heights if those Saints in heaven already raise us up?

That others may become holier than I, provided that I may become as holy as I should…
Jesus, grant me the grace to desire it. (Litany of Humility)

I don’t know who those great saints will be, but I know Jesus promised us that the more evil, the more grace. I am looking for that outpouring of grace.

I’m curious of what they will do. Will they destroy sin, all heresies, Islam, and put to an end to the atheistic governments around the world? Hmmm these will be exciting times. Will they be greater than to what St. Ignatius of Loyola or St. Francis of Assisi did?

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.