The guy over at Blindmute Loli

The guy over at Blindmute Loli (check Wikichan for the whole story) has been trying to adopt a little girl he found abandoned a few months ago. He cared for her for a while, and then because he wanted to be able to legally adopt her, took her to a children’s home. Since he was not old enough to adopt children (he was twenty at the time), he tried to do it through several other people, the last one of whom has been denied.

This last time has been enough for him, and he loves the girl enough that he wants to go kill himself since he believes he can’t see her again (the children’s home she is at is only allowing people who would be able to adopt her to visit her).

Pray that he realizes what his death would do to the child, and that if he realizes it would be best for him to try and move on, to be able to do that. Also, pray for him to realize that if he wants to keep this child in his life, it would probably be the wisest thing if he got his parents involved in helping him (why he didn’t before, I don’t know - there has been family drama), because they are far more “respectable” people than the ones he was working with.

Dear Neverlander,

PRAYING!

mom4truth:bible1:

Praying for both, and especially that the Lord finds the right parents for Erika, so that she can finally have her forever home. Amen.

I am praying for this young man.

Pray that he realizes what his death would do to the child, and that if he realizes it would be best for him to try and move on, to be able to do that. Also, pray for him to realize that if he wants to keep this child in his life, it would probably be the wisest thing if he got his parents involved in helping him (why he didn’t before, I don’t know - there has been family drama), because they are far more “respectable” people than the ones he was working with.

Amen…Lord, please hear our prayers for Loli…and the prayers of St. Rita…

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/16/16_14_3.gifJMJ

:crossrc:

Praying. Sounds like he needs psychiatric help. His reaction to this appears way overboard to me.

:blessyou:

Praying…

No, Rocket… He is not over board. I was handed a nine month old boy and within 3 hours I told my husband I couldn’t give him up. When the love of a parent kicks in…well, you can’t just give the child away. I have kept my little boy and was able to adopt him. He is 9 years old now.

I pray for this young man to find peace with what ever God has planned for him and the little girl.

:crossrc:

this Thread Is Epic Lulz.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but this story is probably fake. He’s been posting it on a website that says, right on the front page:

“The stories and information posted here are artistic works of fiction and falsehood.
Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact.”

I’m not trying to call you all fools, those are the website’s words, not mine. However, it’s there for a reason as that is a website notorious for making things up. This guy is 100% anonymous, all we know is his first name and that he lives in ohio.

I’d like to believe this is true, I really would. However, considering the story comes from the same website as where people post pictures of cats on fire, his credibility is null.

J†M†J

Azrael,
You may be correct that this is a hoax but it is not our responsibility to question the credibility of the prayer requests that we get on this forum. Because no prayer is wasted, we should pray for all requests. If the request is a fake, God will apply our prayers to another purpose. Perhaps he would apply the prayer to the person who made up the story, or someone else, or a poor soul in purgatory, or even apply it back to the person saying the prayer. Regardless, the prayer will be put to good use, you can be assured of that.

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed art thou among women, and blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus. Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death. Amen.

God Bless
In Jesus through Mary
Steve

Well said, Steve…
Hail Mary, full of Grace, The Lord is with you. Blessed are you among all women and blessed is the fruit of your womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary
Mother of God
Please pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Don’t get me wrong, I wasn’t trying to call anyone’s prayers useless. I just wanted to remind you all of the ignorant, hateful site this story comes from. Not to mention his blatant use of the derogatory term “loli”.

But, like I said, I really want to think this story is true. Even if it’s not, it’s incredibly touching and well written.

As neither a catholic nor a true “/b/tard”, though a bigot against both, I think I can give a kind of observation from the outside.

I used to think that the 'chans (4chan and wikichan especially) were disguting places for the dregs of society. However, Blindmute Loli and a few other stories showed my that these places, although a bit odd and callous, can actually care. It’s not really the same “care” as the forums here-they kind of have a sort of hive-mind collective care.

At first, I read it with quite a bit of disbelief, thinking it was the product of a sick imagination. However, as the story progressed, I truly started to feel for the different people. I really can’t bring myself to pray for them, as an athiest’s prayers fall upon deaf ears, but I obsessively check for updates, hoping for the best for them.

Then I found the Catholic reply to this story.

I originally thought the Catholic forums were filled with bigots and holier-than-thou parrots, but seeing you guys side with those on the opposite spectrum really reinforced my belief in humanity.

Thank you.

On the side note, for those who don’t think the story is true, the author has been tracked down numerous times through his I.P address, and has been visited by a lot of complete strangers because of this, verifying the narraration.

And calling anyone under a certain age a loli is a kind of habit over there, I guess.

I’m kinda new to these forums, so if I broke any codes of ettiquette or any rules, please forgive me.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.