The Hobbit - Teaser Trailer coming with Tin Tin

It's been confirmed the first trailer for Peter Jackson's latest Tolkien adaptation will arrive with Tin Tin, which he produced with Spielberg.

The kid within me already wanted to see Tin Tin on the big screen..... now he's be joined by the adult within....

Could be the first time in years, probably since the trailer for the last Star Wars film, a film's promotional advertising may have the line "including first trailer for....." in it.
Thoughts?

Coming from an American perspective... Remi stopped writing The Adventures of Tin Tin the year I was born (1976), so I never really knew much about it... before this box office film, I'm not personally even aware of how or where it would be known to American youngsters. On the other hand, I'm no longer young myself, I don't know what kids know about these days. But my point is, I don't see Tin Tin as being well-known to children in the US. So I can see the Hobbit trailer as perhaps being a good way to bring young people in to see it who wouldn't otherwise know about it.

Ah! '76 was a great year! ;)

I'm so looking forward to The Hobbit! I would like to see Tin Tin as well and grew up with both. Both have great casts.

[quote="SurlyMermaid, post:3, topic:264627"]
Ah! '76 was a great year! ;)

I'm so looking forward to The Hobbit! I would like to see Tin Tin as well and grew up with both. Both have great casts.

[/quote]

I'm crossing my fingers that the song "The greatest adventure is the one that lies ahead" is used for the obligatory montage part, and/or it's lyrics used as the tagline!

I loved that song as a kid..... they have to put it in somewhere... perhaps just the trailer or it's music inspire the orchestral theme.

[quote="colliric, post:1, topic:264627"]
It's been confirmed the first trailer for Peter Jackson's latest Tolkien adaptation will arrive with Tin Tin, which he produced with Spielberg.

The kid within me already wanted to see Tin Tin on the big screen..... now he's be joined by the adult within....

Could be the first time in years, probably since the trailer for the last Star Wars film, a film's promotional advertising may have the line "including first trailer for....." in it.
Thoughts?

[/quote]

Same here, although I am not that familiar with TinTin.

I think Sherlock Holmes:Game of Shadows and MI3(for Imax) will get to use the"including a trailer for" line before Tin TIn -- this will be the first big screen peek we get for Dark Knight Rises.

[quote="Havard, post:2, topic:264627"]
So I can see the Hobbit trailer as perhaps being a good way to bring young people in to see it who wouldn't otherwise know about it.

[/quote]

That's an interesting observation. I seem to recall hearing that when the first LOTR trailer came out, people were paying to go see whatever movie had it and then actually leaving after the trailer was over.

Coming from an American perspective... Remi stopped writing The Adventures of Tin Tin the year I was born (1976), so I never really knew much about it... before this box office film, I'm not personally even aware of how or where it would be known to American youngsters.

[/quote]

(shortened by tomarin)

I can answer that. In the 1970's there used to be a kid's magazine called "Kid's Digest" (if I remember correctly) that serialized the Tintin books in black and white. That's how I first encountered him.

I don't think the magazine had a very big circulation though; I never saw copies of it outside of my own house.

[quote="Dandelion_Wine, post:6, topic:264627"]
That's an interesting observation. I seem to recall hearing that when the first LOTR trailer came out, people were paying to go see whatever movie had it and then actually leaving after the trailer was over.

[/quote]

Seriously?! I'm a huge LotR fan, but I guess I just don't have enough disposable income to ever do something like that. :p

Coming from an American perspective... Remi stopped writing The Adventures of Tin Tin the year I was born (1976), so I never really knew much about it... before this box office film, I'm not personally even aware of how or where it would be known to American youngsters. On the other hand, I'm no longer young myself, I don't know what kids know about these days. But my point is, I don't see Tin Tin as being well-known to children in the US. So I can see the Hobbit trailer as perhaps being a good way to bring young people in to see it who wouldn't otherwise know about it.

[/quote]

I remember seeing the Tin Tin trade paperbacks (what would today be called "graphic novels") in American bookstore chains like B. Dalton's and Brentano's in the late 1960s and early 1970s. I didn't have the money to buy them as a kid, but enjoyed reading through them while hanging out in the bookstores. I enjoyed the art and the stories, and the combination of action and humor in exotic locales which I also enjoyed in the "Jonny Quest" TV series at that time.

You can find those collections in the manga/comics/graphic novel sections of a lot of American libraries, so many kids (and older adult comics enthusiasts, who are probably the target audience for these kind of things) are familiar with them. I saw a store devoted solely to Tin Tin merchandise in San Francisco a few years back.

I know I already posted about this in another thread. But it's been confirmed the Hobbit trailer will arrive with Tin Tin in cinemas and will be online on the 20th.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.