The Holy Grail: Fact or Fiction?

Fiction, IMHO.

A medieval document written in the sixth century is hardly proof that Saint Mark gave the Grail to Saint Peter, whose successor Saint Sixtus II gave it to Saint Lawrence, who sent it to Spain.

That a “serious” Catholic “scholar” is touting this is credible evidence is further embarrasing.

Sigh

[quote=DominvsVobiscvm]Fiction, IMHO.

A medieval document written in the sixth century is hardly proof that Saint Mark gave the Grail to Saint Peter, whose successor Saint Sixtus II gave it to Saint Lawrence, who sent it to Spain.

That a “serious” Catholic “scholar” is touting this is credible evidence is further embarrasing.

Sigh
[/quote]

In order for that Catholic scholar to atone for his errors, he will have to bring us… a shrubbery! :smiley:

Stop that! It’s silly!
Paul

I love Ni Knights.

[quote=DominvsVobiscvm]Fiction, IMHO.

Sigh
[/quote]

oh ye of little faith. It sounds plausible–even probable–to me. We are blessed to have another holy relic to be in awe of during this age of disbelief and secularism.

[quote=PaulDupre]In order for that Catholic scholar to atone for his errors, he will have to bring us… a shrubbery! :smiley:

[/quote]

Dear oh dear! Every British boy and girl can tell you that Saint Joseph of Arimathea brought the Grail to Britain

http://members.hometown.aol.com/stjosarimatheach/images/saintjoseph.jpg

and it is now lost and hidden in the Chalice Well at Glastonbury

oh ye of little faith. It sounds plausible–even probable–to me. We are blessed to have another holy relic to be in awe of during this age of disbelief and secularism.

So we should believe it because it makes us feel good. Yeah, right.

Isn’t anyone else a bit irked at the fact that someone is making such a stupendous claim based on nothing but an obscure sixth-century document?!?!?!?!

[quote=DominvsVobiscvm]So we should believe it because it makes us feel good. Yeah, right.

Isn’t anyone else a bit irked at the fact that someone is making such a stupendous claim based on nothing but an obscure sixth-century document?!?!?!?!
[/quote]

Oh well, at least it gets people talking. At any rate its more plausible than Dan Brown’s theory. :slight_smile:

I don’t think it matters at all.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.