The Holy House of Loreto

I just learned about this tradition today. It’s a relocated place where Mary and St. Joseph raised Jesus, which was moved by angels from its original location to its present one.

Are we as Catholics required to believe that angels moved Jesus’ house he grew up in? I don’t know what I think just yet.

No.

At first I thought it sounded fake but then I read an article (sorry, I tried unsuccessfully several times to link it) titled “Science Confirms: Angels Took the House of Our Lady of Nazareth to Loreto-American TFP”, and it sounds amazingly possible.

Hi Faith,

I think that this is what you were trying to link to?

Here is a link to the article…

I found it for you. It’s very interesting. I have read about it before:

tfp.org/science-confirms-angels-took-the-house-of-our-lady-of-nazareth-to-loreto/

That’s it! Thank you for finding it!

What are everybody’s thoughts about this?

As a scientist, with a lot of analytical chemistry under my belt, i can unequivocally tell you,

Scientists cannot confirm, nor deny, the following statement

“Angels Took the House of Our Lady of Nazareth to Loreto-American TFP”, and it sounds amazingly possible."

Only God the Trinity, Angels themselves, the Blessed Virgin Mary, or eye witnesses can confirm this.

There are no scientific tests for the imprint of Angels, alas.

However; scientists are free to believe the Angelic Host would protect this Holy House.

Infact I believe the poor Professor has been misquoted in the headline as he said

“During his lecture, Professor Nicolini demonstrated the existence of many documents and eyewitness accounts of the transfer, which science and human method cannot explain. He also established a chronology of the change of location.”

Note the words :
"which science and human method cannot explain. "

Hope that helps :innocent:

No…it is private revelation.

I think another revelation to a saint, confirmed this as the actual house. I think the saint is
St. Catherine of Emmerich (need correction on this :D)

I do believe the angels carried it to Loreto. The question I have is Why did it need to be moved? Was it to protect it against destruction by invaders?

How is that a misquote? Science and human method can’t explain that, right?

Here is another link that gives more detailed information on how the house came to Loreto:

piercedhearts.org/treasures/holy_sites/loreto.htm

It was during the Crusades and the Muslims were destroying everything.

Absolutely NOT!

The headline of that article is:
Science Confirms: Angels Took the House of Our Lady of Nazareth to Loreto

The article reports on

"a conference organized by the “Amici del Timone” Cultural Center in Staggia Senese, Italy, titled “The Story of the Incredible Move of the House of Mary of Nazareth to Loreto,”

At this conference was an invited speaker, "Prof. Giorgio Nicolini, who (had) devoted his life of study and research to the case, (of the moving house) and spoke at this conference. "

Now Prof. Giorgio Nicolini is reported ( ie someone else has said that he said and presented scientific evidence that )

“Based on these scientific evidences, he ( Prof. Giorgio Nicolini) proved indisputably the veracity of the miraculous transfer.”

Now the scientific evidence that the author claims Prof. Giorgio Nicolini presented , IS NOT SHOWN IN THIS ARTICLE.

and instead we see that Prof. Giorgio Nicolini

"During his lecture, Professor Nicolini demonstrated the existence of many documents and eyewitness accounts of the transfer, which science and human method cannot explain. "

So the author of this article is contradicting his own conclusions and information in this article, and contradicting what the good Professor has presented.

Science has not confirmed Angels moved the Holy House. And the good Professor himself says Science and human method cannot explain its transfer.

If you google Prof. Giorgio Nicolini, all his works are in Italian. So we dont know what his specialty is.

Science cannot confirm a thing and cannot explain a thing at the same time.

Miracles are confirmed when there is no scientific explanation for the miracle.

By the way, there is a book of visitors to the house. Many saints and Popes have visited over the decades.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.