The Holy Spirit sending our priests elsewhere

Please pray for our parish, the two priests are both being sent to other parishes. :crying: We have been blessed to have them with us, but I know that I personally will miss them deeply. The parishes they will be transferred to are truly going to be blessed. I hope that our new pastor will be a blessing too. It’s just times like these that trusting in the Holy Spirit is difficult.

Praying for them…

Hail Mary, full of grace, the Lord is with Thee, Blessed art Thou amongst women, and blessed is the fruit of Thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Praying for y’all! Our parish recently had a priest and two deacons transferred to other assignments. I don’t know how our pastor does it with 2500 families.

A Hail Mary for Vocations…

Hail Mary full of grace, the Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou amongst women
and Blessed is the fruit of thy womb, Jesus.
Holy Mary, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners
now and at the hour of our death.

Praying for your family.

A change in pastors is such a difficult thing! You, your family, your parish, and pastors are in my prayers.:gopray::gopray:

For all workers in the Lord’s vineyard, most especially these two priests, may their labor for Christ be fruitful. :gopray:

Yes. I sometime thought about the day that my pastor would go to other parish; how sadden would I be…and all other people.

Anyhow, God knows where people need such priests.

May God bless all priests.

Normally, a diocesan or secular priest assigned to a parish for 6 years, then the bishop assigns him elsewhere. For a religious priest, he is assigned by his superior often anywhere, anytime.

6 years would mean in liturgical sense, he celebrates the Liturgical Calendar Year of A, B, & C twice.

Anyway, a newly assigned priest who never got into a certain town would take time to learn the folks and way of life in his parish. It may take 2 or 3 years or so that he will be loved and understood by the folks there.

And it would sadden him when he moves into another assignment, realizing it was a short stay still.

The bishop’s discernment of where the priest would be assigned would definitely involve the working of the Holy Spirit. Eventually, obedience to their bishop (which is a vow) must be upheld.

PRAYER TO THE HOLY SPIRIT
By St. Josemaria Escriva
http://www.opusdei.ph/img/s/2.jpg

Come, O Holy Spirit;
enlighten my understanding
to know your commands;
strengthen my heart
against the wiles of the enemy;
inflame my will…
I have heard your voice,
and I don’t want to harden
my heart to resisting,
by saying 'later… tomorrow.'
Nunc coepi! Now!
Lest there be no tomorrow for me!
O, Spirit of truth and wisdom,
Spirit of understanding and counsel,
Spirit of joy and peace!
I want what you want,
I want it because you want it,
I want it as you want it,
I want it when you want it.

Lord, please grant these parishioners a new holy priest. Send your Holy Spirit to them to give them comfort and peace. Thank you, Lord, for hearing my prayer.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.