The Host - Stephenie Meyer

Has anyone read or heard anything about the book, The Host by Stephenie Meyer? My 15 yr. old is asking to read it. All I know is the author also wrote the Twilight Saga, which I did not allow my girls to see or watch. My 15 yr old is a bit immature for her age. Would appreciate any input.

I doubt there's anything particularly edifying about a human-alien romance novel.

Stephanie Meyer has not proven herself to be anything but a writer of trashy and twisted romance novels. When it comes to romance, people should be rooted in the real world, not fantasy.

Even though this video pokes fun at Twilight, I find pretty much all of what it says to be true about Stephenie Meyer's style:

youtube.com/watch?v=K4uuGvmAxTI

[quote="Havard, post:3, topic:234518"]
Even though this video pokes fun at Twilight, I find pretty much all of what it says to be true about Stephenie Meyer's style:

[/quote]

That was hilarious! Thanks for posting. :)

:D

My 55 year old sister loves this c***. If we had a better relationship I'd like to slap her and tell her to, "Grow the hell up."

I read it. I found it entertaining, better than the twilight books. There's not any impurity in it.

I doubt she'll like it based on the fact that my dd who loved the twillight books--couldn't get very far in the Host. I'd let her read it.

Although, the best thing would be for mom or dad to read it and make their own judgement.

[quote="Havard, post:3, topic:234518"]

[/quote]

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: It's so true!!!!! And I'm a 'soccer mom'! I can't speak for The Host, since I have not read it, but I actually don't see anything THAT objectionable in the Twilight books (because it's not like anyone is saying they should win the Pulitzer Prize or something). As far as the whole vampire genre goes, this series is like comparing Crystal Light to jello shots. It's no Sookie Stackhouse.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.