The Illuminati controls the music industry?

Lately a friend of mine has been under the impression that the illuminati controls the music industry and is feeding people immoral subliminal messages. His evidence: there are pictures of celebrities holding their hands in such a fashion that it creates a triangle which he argues is them flashing the iconic pyramid-eye symbol supposedly connected to the illuminati. My friend also believes that the this new world order is waiting the arrival of the Antichrist and seeks to work with him in order to conquer the world. How can I convince my friend that this is all rubbish?

Shrugging your shoulders and ignoring it?

There is no way to convince.

You can’t convince people to stop believing stupidity that they really want to believe in.

Here’s what you do since you know it is rubbish. Ask him to explain again and then keep saying “yes, go on…” “tell me more…” “could you elaborate?” If he is wrong then he will eventually see the errors of his ways. Ask him to take everything back to the first cause. How does he know that? Why does he believe that? Eventually he will either have evidence or he will be basing his beliefs on assumptions with no evidence.

Sometimes there is truth in something but it is not the whole truth and nothing but the truth. I think there certainly some elements we should be worried about when it comes to the symbolic images in the music industry but to claim it is that because he watched a few youtube videos is stretching it.

For instance, I would say I believe in Jesus because there were people who witnessed Him. He said he was the Messiah, etc. so I could take my beliefs back to something tangible and sound. But he will have to take his train of thought back to youtube or some other website with no real proof.

Like a well known comedian said: “You can educate someone, but you can’t cure stupid”!

Tell him it’s not the illuminati that control everything, it’s the lizard people. :):slight_smile:

Yes, I am with Karl Popper on this one [although I do have some beefs with him as to the parameters of just what constitutes ‘rationality’, given the limits of what can be scientifically discerned - the physical and temporal, existence, and ‘infinity’ for just starters].

“No rational argument will have a rational effect on a man who does not want to adopt a rational attitude.” - Karl Popper.

He’s been reading too much Dan Brown novels.

Of course. I thought everybody knew that. :wink:

By Illuminati, I take it you mean the sect of Free Masons known as the Illuminati ?

Jim

I think the Jews and others that the ‘conspiracists’ fancy playing pointy fingers at are/can also be included.

Don’t forget the Knights Templar (actually a sect of Scottish Rite Freemasonry), Knights of Malta, Scientologists, Skull and Bones, and, of course the Vatican. :stuck_out_tongue:

Must they be controlling of everything?

Reminds me of an xkcd comic during the Shutdown earlier this year. (Contains one vulgarity).

Oh, I forgot about Dan Brown’s ‘Da Vinci Code’ stuff involving the Knights Templar, Rosslyn Chapel and the Holy Grail - and the Yale ‘Skull and Bones’ guys and connections with a number of your Presidents.

Crikey, they are everywhere :eek::rolleyes::wink:

Close the door they’re coming in the window!

No, it’s the Ring that controls everything… ever seen “Chuck”?

Hide yo kids, hide yo wife?

Where are all the tin (aluminium)) foil hats when you need them?

I do not think it is stupid to think that there may be some controlling force in the music industry and perhaps the movie industry as well. I am not taking a stern position on the issue, but when you see symbols over and over again, hundreds if not thousands of times, month by month, year by year, symbols that often do not make sense in the context of where the symbols are made, you should understand why people question the music and movie industry

I do not think it is stupid to think that there may be some controlling force in the music industry and perhaps the movie industry as well. I am not taking a stern position on the issue, but when you see symbols over and over again, hundreds if not thousands of times, month by month, year by year, symbols that often do not make sense in the context of where the symbols are made, you should understand why people question the music and movie industry:shrug:

I do not think it is stupid to think that there may be some controlling force in the music industry and perhaps the movie industry as well. I am not taking a stern position on the issue, but when you see symbols over and over again, hundreds if not thousands of times, month by month, year by year, symbols that often do not make sense in the context of where the symbols are made, you should understand why people question the music and movie industry:confused:

I do not think it is stupid to think that there may be some controlling force in the music industry and perhaps the movie industry as well. I am not taking a stern position on the issue, but when you see symbols over and over again, hundreds if not thousands of times, month by month, year by year, symbols that often do not make sense in the context of where the symbols are made, you should understand why people question the music and movie industry:eek:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.