The 'It is Friday! Thread'

Is it Friday? Well, it’s Friday here, and I don’t think there is a ‘world will end Friday’ declaration out yet. A lighter thread -

Non-Catholics -

1. Have you been to Mass?

2. Notable takeaway? (It was as expected, learned something new, learned something different than taught/told)

Catholics -

Have you been to services of another Church / Entity (if not church-y)?
Obviously, converts can dominate here, so let’s qualify with a ‘different than Church of which you were a member’ designation.

I am not a convert. The most interesting non-Catholic service was for a friend’s dad’s funeral about 15 years ago where they wanted to incorporate all the religions of the world.

As a teen, I was at a youth work camp on an Indian reservation where we were participants in a sweat house ceremony. I think I was the first one out of my tent / hut. Bee line for the river.

Take care,

Mike

Yes, it is Friday, another day w/ my Lord.

“Thank God, it’s Friday!” Says a popular quote.

May the Lord bless us this day and help us
to hear His voice and come to know Him
more intimately and follow Him! John 10:27

Many years ago I was taken, just once, to a Congregationalist church in London where the sermon was to be preached by Leslie Weatherhead, a clerical celebrity at the time. As far as the theology is concerned, I’m not qualified to give an opinion. As far as the liturgy is concerned, I didn’t detect any noticeable difference from the Anglican Church, in which I was brought up.

As a revert, I haven’t been to a non-Catholic service in years. But I one thing I liked about the inter-denominational Easter crosswalk we had last year was experiencing the various Protestant church buildings in town. Being into old buildings, I thought the best looking Protestant one was the Episcopal church. The AME church was VERY old from the masonry, but it had a nice feel to it.

=ffg;13345881]Is it Friday? Well, it’s Friday here, and I don’t think there is a ‘world will end Friday’ declaration out yet.

Just after four here. Be patient.

A lighter thread -

Non-Catholics -

1. Have you been to Mass?

Quite a few times (I assume you mean Catholic Mass :wink: ).

1. Notable takeaway? (It was as expected, learned something new, learned something different than taught/told)

Being that the Lutheran Mass comes from the Catholic Mass, and understanding the role The Blessed Virgin plays in Catholic faith, it was, essentially, as expected. And very inspirational.

Jon

I have attended services at Catholic Churches, Methodist Churches, Christian Churches, Non-Denominational Churches, Baptist Churches, Assembly of God Churches, Pentecostal Churches, Lutheran Churches and Episcopal Churches.

I attended Catholic Mass as an RCIA member for nine months. Then I left and got baptized in the Episcopal Church after visiting the Lutheran Church. After my baptism, I attended Non-Denominational Churches, Baptist Churches, and Assembly of God churches.

I guess everything comes full circle because now I am back at the Catholic church. I will be attending mass for the first time(in a while) this Sunday.

Thanks all, Fun to read folks history.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.