The Jesus Christ as seen or taught by other Faiths

As Jesus is Paramount to understanding God, this topic could be of interest to all if we discuss it with the respect due to each other Faiths.

We can hear from all peoples to what extent Jesus Christ enters into thier Faith in God

Are our CAF friends interested in this topic?

Regards Tony

**With all due respect to the Jewish Messiah, I am not convinced of the validity of your premise.
Noah, Abraham, Moses, Krishna, Buddha, Confucius, Lao Tzu, Nanak, all come to mind.

I have explored the teachings of other faiths and found a great deal of value in these.
Does the concept of Zen enlightenment depend on Jesus?
Perhaps what’s “paramount in understanding God” is not the person Jesus, but the sacred Teachings which He and other holy men have brought to humanity. **

Then consider it this way, how is message if Jesus the Christ seen in them, as Christ embraces all that came before Him and after Him.

Regards Tony

Regards Tony

**That would be to say that our Creator is paramount to understanding our Creator, which, of course, is true.
When you refer to Jesus, I think of His human aspect and of His earthly Teachings.

Tony, I know we’ve said this before, but I’d like to restate it.

This is a logical impossibility. Many of those people taught things which are wholly and completely incompatible with each other. In order for your premise to be true, God himself would have to be logically incoherent and irrational…

Or maybe you’re thinking as man thinks, and not as God thinks. Do you honestly think God can be grasped within the limits of your own logic and coherence?

No, no I don’t. That doesn’t change the fact that mutually contradictory positions are inherently illogical. It is impossible to reconcile belief in reincarnation (Krishna, Buddah, and others), with belief in a single lifetime (Judaism, Christianity, Islam). It is impossible for both of these things to be true. Therefore, if the same being promoted both viewpoints as being true, he would be irrational. Since we believe God to be wholly rational and coherent, such a conflict is impossible.

You cannot simply say “God’s above us” to circumvent the issue of your position being inherently irrational.

But you CAN say that every aspect of Jesus is a paradox. Human understanding would say that it is irrational for the King of the universe to be a baby born in a room set aside for animals. It is irrational to say that a man who dies is going to be resurrected a few days later. It is inherently irrational to say that one’s enemy should be loved and that suffering should be embraced. I could go on and on and on, but hopefully you get the point.

Anyway, the original question about how Jesus fits into other belief systems is an interesting one, so don’t shut it down by talking about reincarnation. If God chose to incarnate Himself as a human being in the inherently irrational way that He did, all bets are off when it comes to trying to apply any sense of human logic to the way He works.

You are pointing out ways God is Creator. Not how God could be wishy-washy (the actual point being made).

Jesus Christ does not embrace all “faiths”, though all “faiths” seem to want to embrace Him. Those two are not the same thing.

Tell that to the Samaritans.

John saw a great multitude from every nation, tribe people and language. And faiths? No. They had one faith in common. Salvation belongs to our God, who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb. And to Jesus Christ the preacher? No. To Jesus Christ the prophet? No. To the Lamb.

That’s all well and good, but you should also read the four gospels.

Pointless to anyone without the Lamb.

Better to go for Mass. The Gospel is to be lived, not just read alone. One has to hear the voice of the Good Shepherd, rather than other voices and opinions.

MJ

But you were suggesting a minute ago that the book of Revelation was to be read alone. Pick a side.

Uhhh…Who exactly do you think the gospels are about? :confused::confused::confused:

I did? :hmmm:

Peace be with you.

MJ

But that is not the view of other Faiths have about the Lord and Saviour who is Jesus the Christ. The Faiths after Christ had Christ as essential to their Faith. The Faiths before and in regions apart from Christ have aspects of His message within their scriptures.

So do we look for the good and bind, or do we look for the negitive and repell?

To date the latter has been practiced. We could.do the former and if it does not work go back to the latter :slight_smile:

Ther is no life without Jesus the Christ, so how are we all living?

Regards Tony

First Tony, were you Tonyfish58? Bristow…?

MJ

Oops. :blush: Sorry…Wasn’t looking at your name. You’re definitely right about going to mass, but that doesn’t have much to do with the topic at hand.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.