The Jesus Metropolitan Church

jesusmcc.org/

Hey, I’ll just post the link and see what people think about it.

Welcome!
We’re a Church that’s passionate about Jesus and the Bible, but not afraid of diversity or independent thought.

That’s a rare combination. At Jesus MCC, God is creating something new!

At our Church, you will learn a lot about the Bible and you will be challenged to follow Jesus daily, but you will not be forced into a neat little box and expected to think exactly like everybody else.

You will find a warm welcome whoever you are – straight or gay, white or black, Asian or Hispanic, conservative or liberal, old or young, rich or poor, deaf or hearing, married or single, transgender or any gender identity. Like the early Church, we are a rainbow congregation!

Discover church the way it was meant to be! Get more information

It is a gay church.

More than just a homosexual church, it deals with the transgendered and other deviant sects of society.

Other than that, it looks like a church that tries to teach being Christ-like without any kind of moral standards, so its possible to be a very erring person and still attend.

It seems they might twist Scripture. They say Jesus doesn’t “discriminate”. I wouldn’t go to this church.

New Name, same ol message. They just “Pick and Choose” which part of scripture to believe, call Jesus Christ your “Personal Lord and Saviour” and you are saved and all is well.:rolleyes:

Never understood how this and all other churches with the same mind set can get around ALL the passages in scripture where God says that Homosexuality (man lieing with man) is an evil committed in His pressence.

Have you ever read why they feel they can get around it? there are scriptural references to why etc. It makes sense. It is just a matter of interpretation.

We’re a Church that’s passionate about Jesus and the Bible, but not afraid of diversity or independent thought.

That’s a rare combination.

:yawn: Same ole,same ole…
Wonder where they get the idea that they are “rare”.

Here’s one I see on a billboard I pass on the way to work every day:

http://jesusmc.org/

I think they are more on the side of multiracial instead of gay, at least it appears to be.

† Have you ever dreamed of a place…
Where you would be accepted as you are.
† Have you ever wished for people that would care for you…
Regardless, of the color of your skin?
† Do you have a desire to know God…
But, you don’t like or understand the old fashioned rituals at some churches?
† Have you ever wondered if there was a church…
Where the teachings would come alive and have relevance in todays’ world?
Where you would actually look forward to going to church?
† Have you ever heard music about God…
That isn’t the same tired songs that you’ve heard a thousand times before?
† Have you ever longed for…
Friends that will be part of your life in good times and in bad?
We have good news for you! The place you are longing for is called Jesus the Messiah Church!

Why Jesus Messiah Church?

You’ve never experienced anything like this before
Exciting Worship!
People from every tribe, nation, tongue, and race
Embracing every culture, celebrating our diversity
Messages that are relevant
Ministry for the Whole Family
Experience Jesus…Not Religion
Casual Dress
A Church that Looks Like Heaven
We are the church that will raise our voice in the last days. No more racism.
**NO PREJUDICE, RACISM, OR RELIGION, JUST JESUS **
If you’ve been looking for a multiracial church, you’ve just found it!

"People from every tribe, nation, tongue, and race "

Wow, you mean like the Catholic Church???

Did Jesus discriminate?

Did Jesus discriminate?

That depends. At first? No. Anyone and everyone could come and be a follower. But after you decided to follow Jesus, you had to change, and you had to stop sinning. You obeyed his teachings.

I think the Metropolitan Community Church is the same one that has www.jesus.com.

The reason that we have 20000+ “denominations” of protestants is because “It is just a matter of interpretation.” You can “make” Scripture say anything that you want it to say, Scripture requires the Church to interpret it correctly.

I am very well aware of that. My point was one shouldn’t judge without doing a bit of research.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.