The Jews weren't expecting the Messiah to be God Incarnate, so why did God reveal Himself in the Person of Jesus?

I know this is a hypothetical question, but is there any indication in the old testament that says God would become the Messiah?

Thanks in advance! God Bless!

Yes, Isa 9:6

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given; and the government will be upon his shoulder, and his name will be called “Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.

He proved to them that he is God by his miracles. So it wasn’t necessary for them to know it before that. A lot of people have claimed to be God, but Jesus was the only one in history to claim it and prove it.

Isaiah calls the coming Messiah “Immanuel” in 7:14, which, as St Matthew later specifies, means “God with us” (or “God is with us”).

Jeremiah twice says of the Messiah:
“This is the name by which he will be called: The Lord Our Righteous Savior.” (23:5-6; 33:15-16).

I’ll throw in Daniel 7

13 “I was watching in the night visions,
And behold, One like the Son of Man,
Coming with the clouds of heaven!
He came to the Ancient of Days,
And they brought Him near before Him.
14 Then to Him was given dominion and glory and a kingdom,
That all peoples, nations, and languages should serve Him.
His dominion is an everlasting dominion,
Which shall not pass away,
And His kingdom the one
Which shall not be destroyed.

God would only want this for Himself I would think.

Also, when does God ever do what people truly expect? When the Jews read, “Cursed is the one who is hung on a tree” what better way to prove Jesus wasn’t the messiah by hanging Him on a cross! …And then He becomes a curse for everyone.

God’s one smart God.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.