The Karate Kid

I thought it appropriate to start a thread about THE GREATEST MOVIE OF ALL TIME.

Let the discussion begin.

This movie made me want to raise bonsai trees.

Would you be referring to the first Karate Kid only?

I have to say, my favorite was Karate Kid II. Hands down. It made me want to get a kimono and learn the fan dance. I have a kimono (no obi though), but still have not learned the fan dance :frowning:

Plus Peter Cetera’s “Glory of Love” theme from the movie is a most awesome song!:thumbsup:

BillyMc would love this thread. :smiley:

How many KKs are there, by the way? I’ve only seen the first one.

There are four. :smiley: Three are about Daniel. One is about a karate girl. They all have Miagi.

My all time favorite is Sound of Music. :thumbsup::thumbsup: But Karate Kid 1 and 2 I do like. :slight_smile: Not so much 3 or 4. :shrug:

I agree with you on 3. Karate Kid 3 was like Highlander 2… it shouldn’t have happened. :wink: I did like 4 though. But not as much as 2.

An entire generation learned the meaning of “Wax on, wax off”… it defined a decade (plus, Ralph Macchio was really cute!)

The karate girl was an early role for 2 time oscar winner Hillary Swank.

There will soon be a fifth film. It is being re-made as The Kung Fu Kid. Will Smith’s son Jayden Smith will play the Daniel character(Dre in the new film) and his Jackie Chan is his teacher Mr. Han.

Karate Kid 1 is definitely one of my all time favorite movies. Two is pretty good. Three has its moments but Daniel was just an idiot with the whole bonsai thing. Four was pretty good too.

Most people make fun of "wax on wax off’ but it really is similar to Karate moves. I am a tae kwon do (Korean martial art) practitioner, so you can trust me. I like how Mr. Miyagi teaches Daniel without him knowing he’s being taught. (Yes, I just looked at the back of the DVD to ensure I spelled Miyagi right and yes, all four movies are within easy access of my tv). I watch KK1 whenever I need inspired. It always lifts me up - win against all odds even your own stupidity. I have to admit, though, the crane kick would have hurt bad when he landed on his injured leg. But I can account that to theatrical exaggeration. :stuck_out_tongue: I almost always cry when he wins even though I’ve seen it several times. (Yeah, I’m corny but it really does inspire me).

I could go on and on but I’ll stop for now :D.

Hubby watches The Karate Kid all the time. :slight_smile: I never got into it, but he about knows every line in it! (Okay, I’ll admit; Ralph is a cutie.)

There will soon be a fifth film. It is being re-made as The Kung Fu Kid. Will Smith’s son Jayden Smith will play the Daniel character(Dre in the new film) and his Jackie Chan is his teacher Mr. Han.

[quote]

This infuriates me.

[/quote]

Yes, but if do right, no can defense. [ATTACH]6605[/ATTACH]

KK1 made me prefer blondes. Go Elisabeth Shue! :o

My favourite movie of all time is Shawshank.

:thumbsup: That’s right! :smiley:

I’m into karate, been doing it for 15 years now, and even though that movie has many technical errors (that "crane technique is simply a basic semi-modified stepping stool kick…sorry) it is a classic.

Yeah, I loved this movie! When I occasionally see it now it’s fun because it reminds me of the 80’s. I watched it with my kids & I said stuff like, “That’s what we used to wear” & “That’s the way we had our hair” over & over. For some reason I always loved the scenes at the amusement park place with the song “Cruel Summer”. That song “You’re the Best” always got to me & gave me chills, too.

“You’re the Best” always gets to me too. :slight_smile:

Mr. Miagi is one of the greatest characters in cinema as far as I’m concerned. He basically is the definition of a wise and zen teacher to our generation.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.