The Kingdom of God

Jesus explained how worthy it is,He also explained what it was like, He also mentioned that it should be our only and ultimate aspiration . My question is…did he explain how to obtain it? how to manifest it here on earth as in heaven? I cant seem to find any quotes from the Gospels that explains how to obtain it. It must be there somewhere , I cant imagine Jesus not telling us how to obtain this wonderful gift…

It is after all our only chance of true happiness,it should be our goal

Can anyone explain to me if Jesus said how?

thank you

Start with the Sermon on the Mount in Matthew 5.

It is my favorite. But I cant see where he specifically mentions how to achieve the Kingdom of God on earth as in heaven. He must have, He was perfect and did things perfectly.

We are meant to make the world holy, in a sense to “sanctify” the world.

“When St. Thomas Aquinas speaks of the single universe, he does not limit it to the material creation, since everything outside the inner activity of the Blessed Trinity proceeds from the single will of God. In this sense, the Kingdom of God contains everything that participates in his being. the only thing that is outside this Kingdom is darkness, non-being, evil, sin.”

From the website eparchyofpassaic.com/spirit.htm

So therefore, when we pray the Our Father, we pray that “They will be done on earth as it is in heaven.” we pray for this.

He gave us Himself in the sacrament of the Holy Eucharist, and told us to pray always.

He said to the apostles “He who hears you, hears me.” So we need to obey the Church in faith and moral teachings.

He gave our apostles, the first priests and all priests after them, the power to forgive sins.

Jesus said, you can enter the kingdom of God !

“But woe to you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! For you lock people out of the kingdom of heaven. For you do not go in yourselves, and when others are going in, you stop them” (Matthew 23:13)

“no one can enter the kingdom of God without being born of water and Spirit” (John 3:5)

You have to be baptized in Holy water and Holy spirit.

That’s how :slight_smile:

To live the Beatitudes on earth is to bring the Kingdom of God.

That is only the beginning. We have to pick up our crosses and follow Him!

Follow Him to death on the cross !

Do you not know that all of us who have been baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death?

Our crucifixion and baptism are connected.

“I have been crucified with Christ” (Galatians 2:19)

I agree. We need to die to ourselves. He must increase, we must decrease.

Have a Blessed Easter!

You to, Dorothy

It is so important that it is amongst the first requests of the Our Father. The manifestation of Gods Will on Earth as in Heaven and thereby transforming this reality into the Kingdom?

Interestingly Jesus seems to compare it to something small that then grows and transforms the whole. So maybe it would take a small change in order to alter the whole?

But how? There have been many Saints and wonderful Mystics yet this world hasnt changed yet , it is stillfull of sin and not yet the Kingdomof God.

Thank you for your kind replies.I think it is a matter of importance as Jesus clearly seems to indicate in the Our Father.

We live in a sinful world and many go to Hell. But true Catholics in the state of grace are part of the Church Militant.

In the world but not of it

I don’t think the whole world will change, hell will always be outside the kingdom of heaven.
The kingdom of God is in midst of the world, enter through the narrow gate.

Jesus will establish the Kingdom when He returns to earth. Notice this one in Matthew 25:31-34:

“When the Son of man shall come in his glory, and all the holy angels with him” - notice, that’s the time of Christ’s return to earth - “then” - and only then - “shall he sit upon the throne of his glory” - the time He will establish the Kingdom.

"And before him shall be gathered all nations: and he shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divideth his sheep from the goats:

"And he shall set the sheep on his right hand, and the goats on the left.

“Then shall the king say unto them on his right hand, Come, ye blessed of my Father, inherit the kingdom” - notice, this is the only time we may obtain the Kingdom - “prepared for you from the foundation of the world.”

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.