The KORAN - inspired by God?

Can anyone give proof that the Koran was written by God?

That the Koran is inspired by God?

What authority gives the Koran its legitimacy?

Is there any authority to prove the Koran true?

Please give sources and a reference - if possible.

God bless,

[quote=Malachi4U]Can anyone give proof that the Koran was written by God?

God bless,
[/quote]

You are aware that this is a Catholic Forum are you not?

If you want to find this sort of information I suggest you go to an Islamic Forum, there are many out there.

I’ll make this simple:

The koran has verses from the Bible…those verses were inspired by God…the rest is trash…
The Bible (The one accepted by the Catholic church)

As a whole, the koran was inspired by pride.

NO
the koran is a book written by Mohammed, he studied Judiasism and Catholicism in Jerusalem. he was a rich kid who wanted fame, he wrote a book to try to civilise the arab people. It would have been better for him to bring the Gospel to the arabs, oh well ego does strange things

[quote=ByzCath]You are aware that this is a Catholic Forum are you not?

If you want to find this sort of information I suggest you go to an Islamic Forum, there are many out there.
[/quote]

Hello ByzCath:) I have a strong suspision that this thread was started in rebutle to some very vicious attacks we suffered on the board today by a muslim.So Malachi is not trying to scandalize us I assure you:)

I was wondering if there was some connection with Ishmael's blessing in Gen 17:20 and Mohammed that would allow for the acceptance of Islam?

This question was posted in another thread. I was wondering how us Catholics should respond to this question.

[quote=ByzCath]You are aware that this is a Catholic Forum are you not?

[/quote]

CATHOLIC! :eek:

Thank you very much for your response. I should hope that some of our Islamic guests will be able to answer this better then you did.

God bless,

[quote=Lisa4Catholics]Hello ByzCath:) I have a strong suspision that this thread was started in rebutle to some very vicious attacks we suffered on the board today by a muslim.So Malachi is not trying to scandalize us I assure you:)
[/quote]

Lisa4Catholics,

I allways knew you were very wize. This post proves it!

God bless,

Yeah, I was about to say myself, just ask that wacky Muslim who’s been hanging around the forum lately. :rolleyes:

The Koran is not inspired by God. It is inspired by Satan because Satan and the demonic spirits are the ones who are behind the Moslem religion. Mohammed was demon possesed.

I watched a tv show about Mohammed when he was first “approached”. They said his account was very violent and the spirit forced him to do it’s will. He almost commited suicide.

How true the above is, I don’t know, but this is what the show said.

[quote=Malachi4U]Can anyone give proof that the Koran was written by God?

God bless,
[/quote]

With all due respect–the only Muslim I have seen post here of late was suspended almost immediately. I think he came on a tad too strongly. Whether or not he will be back, I doubt there are many Muslims visiting a Roman Catholic forum. In fact, I have found very few who are fluent in vernacular English. Also: the typical Muslim seems to argue using ‘evidence’ which makes little sense to a Westerner–I haven’t yet decided if Muslims are schooled in a system of reasoning which differs from that commonly used in the West, or if Muslims simply are more emotional than reasonable about their faith. Certainly the tracts and polemical literature I have read by Muslims seems to misuse Christian source material; employs what seems to be fallacious argumentation (they insist on thinking of the Trinity as ‘three Gods’ rather than as One God in Three Persons, etcetera); and is generally very hard to follow. Many of the Muslim apologists I have read seem to be highly respected and extremely well-educated and I WANT very badly to attribute the paucity of their arguments to poor translation, cultural differences, or other incidentals, but I can’t say that I expect you will be greatly impressed by the response you are going to get here. Perhaps I will be wrong–I often am! Good luck getting a response!

If I may make a suggestion: Try posting your question in a forum such as one of these:

whyislam.org/forum/default.asp

islamicity.com/forum/default.asp

Muslims are more likely to answer you there. I DID mention on those forums that some questions are coming up about Islam on this forum. Perhaps some Muslims will register and respond to your questions.

flameburns623 asked a question, so I thought I will take the time to answer it for him. I hope this helps.

Excerpted from an article written by scholars from al-Azhar. Originally published by MSA-NEWS

FIRST - Because it is the pinnacle of linguistic perfection. The Arabs [of Jahiliyyah] were not accustomed to its form. Their linguistic abilities were hindered by the fact that its _expression was worded in the shortest of forms without loss of clear meaning [bayan].

SECOND - Its wonderful structure was unique when it comes to the beginning of verses, their termination, and the places where one stops [when rehearsing it]. This is added to a refined way of presenting truth and the true knowledge of God `irfan]. Its beautiful word and kind insinuation, easiness of construct and correctness of ordering made the minds of the purest of desert dwellers [al-Arba’] amazed and the understanding of the masters of the tongue struck. The wisdom behind this intended differentiation in which the Qur’an was revealed was to leave no doubt for those with wit [fiTna] or give them reason to steal [by producing something like it].

THIRD - Because the Qur’an has a record of things to come. They came to pass in accordance with the way God has intended. Allah said, “you shall most certainly enter the Sacred Mosque [Mecca], if Allah pleases, in security, (some) having their heads shaved and (others) having their hair cut, you shall not fear.” (Surah “The Victory”, 48.27)

FOURTH - What it told about previous generations and the people of yore and it was known [to the people of Quraish] that [Mohammed] was but an illiterate who neither read nor wrote. He did not sit with teachers in schools, nor mixed with the learned. He was raised within a people who knew no book. They were naked arin] when it came to scientific inquiry [al-ulum al-aqliyyah]. Allah said, “Surely this Qur’an declares to the children of Israel most of what they differ in.” (Surah “The Ant”, 27.76).

FIFTH - What it revealed of the secrets of those who opposed it and what they used to plot. Their deceit was revealed to the messenger of God.

SIXTH - That it included knowledge from the smallest of particles to cosmic facts the Arabs did not know in general and neither did Mohammed (peace be upon him); most important, what it included about the science of Shariah and how to deduce laws, the ways to logical argumentation [al-hujaj al-aqliyyah], the wisdom one derives from the stories of yore, the matters of the hereafter and the best of manners and behavior.

SEVENTH - It is free of contradiction despite the fact that it is a large book which includes many facts and various arts. “If it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.” (Surah “The Women”, 4.82)

EIGHTH - It is a living miracle for it is read everywhere in uniformity, and God has promised to protect it. It is an established argument that, in contrast to other prophets whose miracles disappeared with them, the Qur’an is Mohammed’s eternal miracle.

NINTH - Those who read it are not tired of it. Those who hear it are not bothered by it. And those who rehearse it fall in love with it.

TENTH - It includes both proof and proven. Those who understand the meaning know how to derive proof and how to find religious dictum at the same time when they consider both the way it is read and the way it is understood. It is conciseness of words [balaghah] which proves its miraculous character. It is with meaning that one finds God’s order and His warning. Learning it by heart [hifdh] has been made easy. The fear that comes to the heart when hearing it and the humbleness that surrounds those reading it are beyond description.

[quote=Khalila]SEVENTH - It is free of contradiction despite the fact that it is a large book which includes many facts and various arts. “If it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.” (Surah “The Women”, 4.82)
[/quote]

So why was the “nullification theory” ever used?

[quote=Khalila]SEVENTH - It is free of contradiction despite the fact that it is a large book which includes many facts and various arts. “If it were from any other than Allah, they would have found in it many a discrepancy.” (Surah “The Women”, 4.82)

[/quote]

I have trouble with this statment as the Qur’an does contain contradicitions. First there are the Satanic Verses and second there are many places where it appears that God contradicts Himself by changing a command.

Catholics (and all Christians) do not believe that God can ever contradict Himself but Islam does not believe so.

FIRST - Because it is the pinnacle of linguistic perfection. The Arabs [of Jahiliyyah] were not accustomed to its form. Their linguistic abilities were hindered by the fact that its _expression was worded in the shortest of forms without loss of clear meaning [bayan].

This one makes me laugh everytime I hear it. It is just so ridiculous.

[quote=ByzCath]I have trouble with this statment as the Qur’an does contain contradicitions. First there are the Satanic Verses and second there are many places where it appears that God contradicts Himself by changing a command.

Catholics (and all Christians) do not believe that God can ever contradict Himself but Islam does not believe so.
[/quote]

Let’s not forget the very beginning of the Koran, where Allah is apparently recorded praising himself.

[quote=exoflare]So why was the “nullification theory” ever used?
[/quote]

Hi Exoflare,

What is the “Nullification theory?”

Do you mean abrogation of verses?

Munawar

[quote=ByzCath]I have trouble with this statment as the Qur’an does contain contradicitions. First there are the Satanic Verses and second there are many places where it appears that God contradicts Himself by changing a command.
[/quote]

Hi ByzCath,

The Quran contains no contradictions. The contradictions that are brought up are simple word semantics, and can be debunked in one paragraph.

If you wish, please post any contradictions you think are “obvious proof” of error. I assure you that they will be easily explained.

As for the satanic verses, this is a fabricated story that was included in Tabari’s History book. He himself indicates that this story is false, but he includes the work for “Thoroughness”. If you dont believe me, then I’d ask that you provide proof on the validity of the Satanic Verses.

As for God changing a command. This is called “Abrogation” In Islam. Islam was revealed over 23 years, and some of the commands revealed in the beginning were stepping stones for harder rules later on.

For example, the Arabs of Saudia Arabia of that time, were absolute male supremists. They treated their women like cattle…so much so that they buried their infant girls alive.

The Quran therefore slowly raised the rank of women upwards over that time period. If on the first day, Islam had declared “All Women are equal to Men”, then the Arabs would have rebelled.

Munawar

[quote=Munawar]Hi Exoflare,

What is the “Nullification theory?”

Do you mean abrogation of verses?

Munawar
[/quote]

Yes, it’s just another name for abrogation of verses.

Welcome to the forum though… sorry for my recent shortness, we recently had a Muslim guy come in here and start blindly proselytizing to everyone. Also a Muslim guy I know in real life was doing the same thing with me not that long ago. And hence the tone of my latest posts.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.