The Kyrie

Hello Family,
During the mass I find that I am greatly moved when I hear/sing the Kyrie. I’d like to find an audio recording (prefer MP3) of the Kyrie being sung. If anyone knows of an internet resource that might provide this, then please let me know.

God Bless,
Bruce

[quote=Brucealeg]Hello Family,
During the mass I find that I am greatly moved when I hear/sing the Kyrie. I’d like to find an audio recording (prefer MP3) of the Kyrie being sung. If anyone knows of an internet resource that might provide this, then please let me know.

God Bless,
Bruce
[/quote]

What arangement?

Any, I am trying to broaden my horizens. :slight_smile:

[quote=Brucealeg]Any, I am trying to broaden my horizens. :slight_smile:
[/quote]

With that in mind just go to www.altavista.com click on the MP#/Audio tab and search Kyrie and have a blast listening to the various compositions that are avaliable online.

Here are mp3s of Gregorian chant Kyries and the other Mass ordinaries from the Vatican Kyriale sung by Brazilian monks.

Kyriale

Thanks all. I did a Google and didn’t get much, but I knew someone here could probably help.

Thanks again and please post anything else,
Bruce

<< What arangement? >>

I thought about it and what I am really looking for is a powerful use of the Kyrie. I’ve heard it sung in mass by someone with a powerful voice and it was beautiful and inspiring. I would say that is what I am looking for.

I wouldn’t use the term rocked out, but powerful.

Bruce

[quote=Brucealeg]<< What arangement? >>

I thought about it and what I am really looking for is a powerful use of the Kyrie. I’ve heard it sung in mass by someone with a powerful voice and it was beautiful and inspiring. I would say that is what I am looking for.

I wouldn’t use the term rocked out, but powerful.

Bruce
[/quote]

There is a very powerful Kyrie sung in Widor’s “Mass for two choirs and two organs” but I am prety sure that you will not find that lingering online.

How would I get ahold of it?

Widor’s Mass can be found on Amazon HERE. See sample track 12.

Just go search on Amazon and type in Kyrie and any composer in mind.

Or you can go to OCP.org and search Kyrie, and that has versions commonly used in your average parish. If the title has a sound file icon, a 30 sec clip is available.

[quote=neum334]Widor’s Mass can be found on Amazon HERE. See sample track 12.

Or you can go to OCP.org and search Kyrie, and that has versions commonly used in your average parish. If the title has a sound file icon, a 30 sec clip is available.
[/quote]

OCP? we use glory and praise 2!

[quote=neum334]Widor’s Mass can be found on Amazon HERE. See sample track 12.

[/quote]

Boy do I miss this type of music at Mass!

[quote=Elzee]Boy do I miss this type of music at Mass!
[/quote]

OCP?
you can buy most of thier stuff on cdrom or cassette.
and listen to clips on thier web site too.
one of my favorite authors is D. Shutte.

[quote=Elzee]Boy do I miss this type of music at Mass!
[/quote]

I was actually part of a choir that sang this mass at Holy Rosary in Portland for a Solemn Dominican Rite under the direction of Dean Applegate and guest organist Mr. James O’Donnell. It was glorious.

[quote=FrCorey]OCP?
you can buy most of thier stuff on cdrom or cassette.
and listen to clips on thier web site too.
one of my favorite authors is D. Shutte.
[/quote]

If I had a parish it would be an OCP free zone

[quote=Brucealeg]Hello Family,

God Bless,
Bruce
[/quote]

One of my Favorite Kyrie’s is on this album

Ockeghem requiem

There are quite a good many Kyrie’s, If you have a Rhapsody account just plug Krie Eleison into the track search and you can pull up a bunch of good ones.

Joe B

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.