The Last Word Bible Verse Game

I didn’t know if this would be a good game or not, but I thought I’d start a game where the last word of a Bible Verse is the first word of another verse. If that ends up being too hard, maybe the next verse could just contain the last word.

I’ll start with: “For God so loved the world, that He gave his only begotten son, that whosoever believes in him may not perish, but have everlasting life.” (John 3:16)

So hopefully, the next verse can start with the word “life”…or at least contain it if a verse can’t be found…we’ll see how it goes. :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

From memory?

the Life that I now live I live by the faith of the the son of God who loved me and gave Himself for me. Galatians something.

2 Likes

Well…I don’t think I will find a Bible verse that starts with the word “me.” Or any sentence for that matter. Guess I’ll have to go with,…
" But if serving the Lord seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods your ancestors served beyond the Euphrates, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you are living. But as for me and my household, we will serve the Lord.” - Joshua 24:15

2 Likes

Taking the last word can be difficult, but not in this instance – or the one to follow! :wink:

Psalm 40:14
Lord, graciously rescue me!
Come quickly to help me, Lord!

2 Likes

Here’s one of my very favorite verses that contains the word Lord

“Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding, in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your path” (Proverbs 3:5&6)

2 Likes

For this is he that was spoken of by Isaias the prophet, saying: A voice of one crying in the desert, Prepare ye the way of the Lord, make straight his paths. (Matt 3:3)

3 Likes

Matthew 13:3-
"A sower went out to sow . And as he sowed, some seeds fell along the path, and the birds…

3 Likes

And Jesus said to him, “Foxes have holes, and birds of the air have nests, but the Son of Man has nowhere to lay his head.” (Matthew 8:20)

2 Likes

He ran, and stood over the Philistine, and took his sword, and drew it out of the sheath, and slew him, and cut off his head. And the Philistines seeing that their champion was dead, fled away. (1 Sam 17:51)

4 Likes

luke 21: 21. Then let those who are in Judea flee
to the mountains, and let those who are inside the city depart, and let not those who are out in the country enter it; …

4 Likes

What ailed thee, O thou sea, that thou didst flee: and thou, O Jordan, that thou wast turned back?
Ye mountains, that ye skipped like rams, and ye hills, like lambs of the flock? (Ps 114: 5-6)

4 Likes

“Do not fear, little flock, for it is your Father’s good pleasure to give you the kingdom." (Luke 12:32)

3 Likes

Matthew 13: 44
“The kingdom of heaven is like treasure hidden in a field, which a man found and covered up; then in his joy he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field.”

3 Likes

“Do you not say, ‘In four months the harvest will be here’? I tell you, look up and see the fields ripe for the harvest.” – John 4:35

4 Likes

Revelation 14:15
And another angel came out of the temple, calling with a loud voice to him who sat upon the cloud, “Put in your sickle, and reap, for the harvest of the earth is fully ripe.”

4 Likes

“He took his last breath and died at a ripe old age, old and contented, and he was gathered unto his people.” (Genesis 25:8)

4 Likes

And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul. (Gen 2:7)

4 Likes

And Mary said, “My soul magnifies the Lord, and my spirit rejoices in God my Savior,” …Lk 1:46

4 Likes

For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord. (Luke 2:11)

4 Likes

“Not every one who says to me, " Lord, Lord, shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but only he who does the will of my Father who is in heaven.” Matthew 7:21

4 Likes
DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.