The Latest: Rubio says he's not interested in VP run

Marco Rubio is making it abundantly clear that he’s not at all interested in being Donald Trump’s vice presidential running mate.

In a Facebook post Monday, Rubio writes, “I have never sought, will not seek and do not want to be considered for Vice President.”

Rubio, who bowed out the presidential race on March 15 after being routed by Donald Trump in the Florida primary, says he’s focused on his job in the Senate.

Rubio says Trump “will be best served by a running mate and by surrogates who fully embrace his campaign.”

He adds, “While Republican voters have chosen Donald Trump as the presumptive GOP nominee, my previously stated reservations about his campaign and concerns with many of his policies remain unchanged.”

tucsonnewsnow.com/story/31925247/the-latest-rubio-says-hes-not-interested-in-vp-run?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=twitter

Wise political move, IMO.

Good for him for sticking to his convictions and not cooperating with evil.

Not just that; he’s absolutely correct. A VP candidate has to defend the policies of the Presidential candidate. He/she is generally regarded as the Presidential candidate’s primary surrogate. How can he/she do this if he/she has serious qualms about much, if not most, of that candidate’s platform? Rubio should wait and run for governor of Florida in a couple years.

I like Rubios decision. People state politics is a dirty business, a doggy eat dog world. But if I don’t agree with X guy is saying and he went after me like he did in the primaries, why be his running mate?

No need to stoop low.

I thought he had stated he was not intetested in being VP a long time ago.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.