The Lauds of Easter

Can someone please print the words in English which are used for The Lauds of Easter?

send me a pm and I will attach the brevarium in pdf

Peace

To separate the Lauds for the whole Easter season would be a great effort.

Peace

A bit off subject, but Easter Lauds (itself, for the day itself), used to be chanted during/after communion of the Easter Vigil. It was short and extremely beautiful. The antiphon “Et valde mane” (which you can find on YouTube, … the antiphon for the Benedictus) was perhaps THE most beautiful of the entire year. A perfect “denouement” to the Triduum.
So tragic that’s no longer in use.

Morning Prayer - Easter

divineoffice.org/easter-w01-sun-mp/?date=20160327

Lauds Sundays of Easter

monasterypodcast.com/wp-texts/lauds-sun-easter.html

Sure it is. My FSSP parish and any community that celebrates the Extraordinary Form uses Lauds after communion at the Easter Vigil. I agree about the Et Valde Mane.

It is still the antiphon for the Benedictus for Lauds in the post-Conciliar Monastic and Roman Offices (for year B) that are chanted in Latin.

To be honest there’s nothing special about it. It is fairly ordinary Mode VIII antiphon, which is the most straightforward of Gregorian modes. As one who chants the current Liturgy of the Hours daily in Gregorian chant, I can honestly say there are more beautiful antiphons. Being in mode VIIIg though, it does have the advantage of being easy to master and chant.

The Benedictus is chanted with the solemn mediant on Easter though, and that is much nicer than the simple psalmody.

Well, “beauty is in the eye (ear) of the beholder”.
Go to 99 % of any RC parish. You won’t hear it.
My point stands.

In the neighbouring diocese, where our schola sings (I live on the border between two dioceses), our schola chants monthly in various parishes around the city. While we don’t normally chant Lauds at Easter, we do chant Vespers in Advent and Lent and Mass every month. So they do hear plentiful beautiful Gregorian chants :wink:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.