The letter of Sr. Lucia of Fatima to Cardinal Caffarra on the Family

There was a letter Sister Lucia of Fatima had sent to Cardinal Caffara when he was working to establish the ‘Pontifical John Paul II Institute for Studies on Marriage and Family’ in Rome back in the early 80’s. He was having great difficulty, encountering a lot of resistance within the church. In frustration, and because of her connections to the Blessed Virgin Mary, then Archbishop Caffara wrote to her asking for prayers through her bishop. Surprisingly, she wrote him a long letter.

In the letter she stated:
“The final battle between the Lord and the kingdom of Satan will be about Marriage and the Family.” Don’t be afraid, she added, because whoever works for the sanctity of Marriage and the Family will always be fought against and opposed in every way, because this is the decisive issue. She concludes: “nevertheless, Our Lady has already crushed his head.”

From what we know the letter is in the Archives of the institute. This was in the early 1980’s. Many news articles exist describing the letter.

Has anyone beside the Cardinal ever seen the letter ? Does anyone know of anyone who has? I would like to read it if possible. Even a redacted copy.

Is a result of a discussion/presentation in an RCIA class.

Thank you -

Do you have a source for this information?

But welcome to CAF!

I do. Yes, thanks …

From Alieta:

From Catholic News Agency:

Many others exist.

This came up [partly] in response to an RCIA class on Marriage and the family.

Again, I am searching for any copies of this letter, or anyone who might be able to access the letter, or … lastly - anyone who has seen it.

:slightly_smiling_face:

Thanks -

I know you are here for a particular purpose but take a look around. Various topics may pique your interest.

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.