The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus

Has anyone ever seen this Christmas show? I remember seeing it every year as a child and I loved it. Last year, I saw it for the first time in over 10 years on ABC Family and it brought back so many memories.

The story line is great and the charactors are great as well.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_and_Adventures_of_Santa_Claus

imdb.com/title/tt0089488/

If you haven’t seen it before, it will be on ABC Family this Saturday, the 8th.

I see that ABC Family and Hallmark between them are broadcasting many of the shows that have become classics, including the early cartoons, as well as more recent made for TV rather lame takes on Santa’s family life. What I do not see, in cruising the TIVO ‘select’ feature is either Charlie Brown Christmas, or Its a Wonderful Life. I for one boycott shows about Santa wants a wife/girlfriend/husband/boyfriend/significant other.

Why?

Oh, and I own a copy of “The Life and Adventures of Santa Claus”. It is great.

Is this one of the Rankin & Bass shows? I remember one of the last ones they did in the 80’s and it seemed bizarre. Possibly because I was expecting a cute kids story like some of their other shows. Although outside of their most popular ones, they have some very strange and dark holiday shows.

Single Santa Seeks Mrs Claus is actually a very cute movie starring Steve Guttenberg. Its on the Hallmark Channel. I hope its out on DVD soon.

I love the Rankin/Bass or Claymation or whatever it is of “Life and Adventures of Santa Claus” because of how the one poor family says “the great claus must have brought us these gifts” and the children say “Saint Claus – Santa Claus!”

I wish they’d release it on Video, as I love it immensely.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.