The Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary

I have recently obtained a book entitled “The Life of the Blessed Virgin Mary From the Visions of Ven. Anne Catherine Emmerich.” I would like opinions from others.:blessyou:

I started reading it once, had a hard time getting through it and stopped before I finished half of it — probably more because of the difficult-to-read style than because of the content.

If you do decide to read it, remember that it is private revelation, and I have been told it was heavily edited by the person who recorded it for the visionary. We are not required to believe private revelation.

So I would rather consider it as one person’s (or two persons’, if you include the person who wrote it down) meditation on what might have happened, rather than “Gospel” truth on what actually happened in the life of Mary.

Thank you for your input; I barely got through the first section on the Ancestors and something about it really bothered me, even though it had an Imprmatvr. I believe I will just put it aside.:highprayer:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.