The LONGEST song you enjoy listening to?

This is primarily to see if anyone can beat my personal record for long songs, and especially what I’ve got on my iPod. :smiley:

As per the title, what’s the longest single song you enjoy listening to?

Being a progressive rock musician, my personal favourite is Mike Oldfield’s Amarok, which is an hour long.

I’ve got a piece called ‘Oxygen’ by (I think) Tim Cole that is almost an hour long as well. it’s designed as background music for meditation though, so perhaps not strictly a song.

Otherwise I don’t listen to much of anything longer than Queen’s Bohemian Rhapsody - 7-8 minutes I believe.

“Hey, Jude” is too long for me… too much “na, na, na, na… hey jude”…

I can listen to all of Layla (7 minutes) any time. :slight_smile:

Iron Maiden’s Rime Of The Ancient Mariner. It’s fourteen minutes long.

“I Heard it Through The Grapevine” by Creedence Clearwater Revival 11 minutes. Also “Layla” by Derek and the Dominoes that lasts nearly 8 minutes when you include the piano coda that takes up almost half the song.

Jethro Tull’s ‘Thick As A Brick’ (43:37). The whole album is just the one song, so it counts! It’s definitely a long car ride song :smiley:

Mozart’s variations on Twinkle Twinkle Little Star… I mean, it’s not an hour long!!! But it’s the longest song I can tolerate.

Freebird!!! :d

Echoes by Pink Floyd, which I think is 23 minutes long.

“Total Eclipse Of The Heart” by Bonnie Tyler.

It’s pretty long.

But worth it. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

IRON BUTTERFLY - IN A GADDA DA VIDA 17 minutes!

It’s great for house cleaning.

One thing about “Hey Jude” is the words are pretty easy …,Na,na, na, na, na…Hey Jude"
:smiley:

I’ve always thought it was more for doing this number—>:banghead:

D’uh, and I love CCR - can’t believe I forgot ‘Hoid it through the grapevine’ :wink:

It has that long coda where there is the lead guitar, bass and drums:cool:

OT

Awesome signature!

/OT

Dire Straits’ song “Telegraph Road”. Comes in at around 14 minutes :slight_smile: :heart:

And Tchaikovsky’s 1812 Overture, but not sure if that’s technically considered a “song”.

I’m absolutely serious, but I LOVE Spem in Alium by Thomas Tallis - it’s long, and I can listen to it on loop for ever.

I can’t think of a pop-ish song right now, but I’ll be back if I do :smiley:

The rules say one but the longest songs I love listening to are:

Pull Me Under, by Dream Theatre (8:11)

Guitar Sound, by Ronald Jenkees (7:01)

Wish you Well, by Thousand Foot Krutch (7:43)

Grim Goodbye, by Red Jumpsuit Apparatus (7:41)

It hasn’t finished yet…

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.