The Lord of this house

*The God of this world is Satan, so don’t you think we should have respect for the Lord of this world while we are in his house, instead of cursing him into dissension, does it ever occur to the mind?

Where does it get you? Absolutely no where.*

Your idea would make total sense if a) this world were our one, only and final destiny and b) satan was as powerful as God. Opposing satan makes perfect sense in view of the fact that our true destiny is heaven, and that satan ISN’T as powerful as God. So of course opposing Satan earns us eternal bliss which is more valuable than anything the lord (not god) of this world can give us.

Of course satan ISN’T the ‘god’ of this world - nor truly even its lord. The true God and Lord (ruler) of this world is the one TRUE God who brought both the world and satan himself into being, and not satan.

Can we have some holy water over here please…

http://www.catholichomeandgarden.com/holy%20water%20bottle%20with%20crown.jpg

Wow, thats a purty bottle!

The God of this world is Satan,

First mistaken premise; Satan is not, and can never be, a god. There is only one God. Satan is an angel. A fallen angel is not God. If Satan had realized this he might not be in the predicament he’s in now.

so don’t you think we should have respect for the Lord of this world while we are in his house,

Second mistaken premise; Satan is not the Lord of this world. There is only one Lord, Jesus Christ, the second person of the Trinity. Also, respect is earned, not just granted based on the fact that someone exists, and I have yet to hear of anything Satan has done that earns my respect.

instead of cursing him into dissension, does it ever occur to the mind?

Where does it get you? Absolutely no where.

I have no idea what ‘cursing into dissension’ means; that sentence makes no sense to me based on the definition of dissension.

As for me and my house, we will serve the (one and only true) Lord!

Got’cher Holy Supersoaker right’cheer, Padre…!!! :slight_smile:

Mahalo ke Akua…!
E pili mau na pomaikai iaoe. Aloha nui.

Wow - the big guns. OK - Let’s go at it from all angles. ( And douse us too just in case).

“Satan, who is the god of this world, has blinded the minds of those who don’t believe. They are unable to see the glorious light of the Good News. They don’t understand this message about the glory of Christ, who is the exact likeness of God.”

–2 Cor. 4:4

“For every child of God defeats this evil world, and we achieve this victory through our faith. And who can win this battle against the world? Only those who believe that Jesus is the Son of God…

…The evil one cannot touch them. We know that we are children of God and that the world around us is under the control of the evil one.”

–1 John 5: 4-5, 18-19,

And,

“For who is powerful enough to enter the house of a strong man like Satan and plunder his goods? Only someone even stronger—someone who could tie him up and then plunder his house.”

–Matt. 12:29

Christ, the Creator of this world, is that Someone …

“Satan… will go out to deceive the nations…in every corner of the earth. He will gather them together for battle—a mighty army, as numberless as sand along the seashore. And I saw them as they went up on the broad plain of the earth and surrounded God’s people and the beloved city. But fire from heaven came down on the attacking armies and consumed them.
Then the devil, who had deceived them, was thrown into the fiery lake of burning sulfur… [and] will be tormented day and night forever and ever.”

–Rev. 20:7-10

Amen!

The God of this world is Satan

Would prefer it if you used a small case ‘g’ as there is but ONE God with a large case ‘G’ :thumbsup:

The vastness of the known universe, every atom every sub-atomic particle and photon is the property of Him we call Father. :thumbsup:

Then who is the God who has “blinded those who don’t believe.” Jesus also speaks of the prince of this world who is the prince of the power of the air. In Satanic philosophy that prince is also known as Satan’s son, Lucifer. Everyone knows that the ruler of this world is the prince of the power of the air–who is Satan’s son, Lucifer. It is you who are mistaken.

I’m sorry to tell you but the God who created this world is called the infernal Father, also known as Satan. Listen, child, the nature of his wisdom can be seen within the world as we all walk through fire–that the flesh was forged in fire. You may assume too much when you say that the after the fall of Adam that death and disease entered the world. The truth is that death and disease has always been a part of life in this world, it is evident within the fossil record which predates any so-called make believe garden. Satan is the infernal Lord Father, through the fire of this world (death and disease) does he bless the soul with fire.

You assume too much. Satan is the God who forged this world in fire, because he blesses with fire. He is the infernal lord Father.

Satan forged nothing, created nothing, blesses nothing and no-one and continues only to destroy, never to create.

Oh my, You are very much mistaken. God and God alone can create. Satan is a creature that God Himself created. God created this world, not satan, for satan can not create he is a weak creature who relies solely on the weakness of humans. He has no power over me. God the Heavenly Father gave us this world. We can hurt ourselves and satan can not for he has no power . God created all the beauty in this world to show us how much he truly loves us.

Death and disease is not created by satan, he only feeds off of it to gather souls to himself. He is not match to God the father.

Where may I ask do you get your information. Satan and lucifer are one and the same. Lucifer cannot create another for he is one who has been created, there is only one creator.

I will pray for you for you are truly blinded and lost.

The Dominus,

Christians have a bible that tells us the creation story found in Genesis.
Where is it that you find this alternate story that you present here to us?
What are your thoughts about who Jesus Christ is?
What are your thoughts about what happens when someone dies?

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.