The Lord's prayer - is it a one-time-deal prayer?

Our Father, Who art in heaven
Hallowed be Thy Name;
Thy kingdom come,
Thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.
Give us this day our daily bread,
and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.
(other version has additional sentence.)Amen.

For non-Catholic Christians, do you pray this quite often or this is once in your life time?

Thanks!

It is prayed every Sunday at my church. My children pray it every day at their Methodist pre-school. Sometime we pray it together before bed.

Hi Suzie! Do Methodists believe once you accept Christ you will be surely saved?

Thanks!

No. They believe in pre-destination but also that man has free will and that salvation can be lost.

Salvation can be lost and I agree with you on that.

For those who believe salvation can never be lost if you accept Christ - Don’t you think the Lord’s Prayer somehow could become meaningless?

and forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those who trespass against us;
and lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

why would one keep asking for forgiveness if knowing that whatever you do God is going to take him to Heaven?

Why would one keep praying to ask God not to allow him to fall into evil’s hand if you know for sure Heaven is his destination?

Agreed, It’s one of the things that drives me nuts in the Presbyterian church I go to.

Let us have the prayer in our daily praying and remember that we can possibly go either way - Heaven or Hell.

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.