The Lost Soul of Scott Hahn

John W. Robbins heads the Trinity Foundation, which is an anti-Catholic ministry.

trinityfoundation.org/PDF/109a-TheLostSoulofScottHahn.pdf

Yeah, well, another Catholic down the hatch.

It starts out making snide remarks and only descends from there. Why would anyone want to believe a screed like that? Can we all say: Insecure? :stuck_out_tongue:

John W. Robbins knows he’s on a sinking ship.

Here’s a counter-article:

members.aol.com/dpinstitut/John_Robbins_on_Scott_Hahn.html

and a Catholic League article about John W. Robbins from 1998:

catholicleague.org/research/trinity.htm

It truly astounds me! As I read John Robbins article, it is infused with a seething hatred and ridicule of Scott Hahn and The Holy Roman Catholic Church.
It always seems to be that The Catholic Church is always extending Olive branches to protestants and other non-Catholic Christians, but they always seem to have the pitchforks and nooses ready to react in hate. Proves to me some basic truths of the Catholic Church and the errors in Protestantism.
Interesting to note that Robbins says that Protestant America is Catholic already!!, Im sure the Holy Father would like to hear that.
God Bless

This is an example of the “halo of hatred” that G.K. Chesterton says encircles the True Church.

[quote=Sirach14]John W. Robbins heads the Trinity Foundation, which is an anti-Catholic ministry.

trinityfoundation.org/PDF/109a-TheLostSoulofScottHahn.pdf
[/quote]

Gee, I wonder where Robbins and James White got that funny word Trinity? It ain’t in the Bible. Must be a Catholic Traditional WORD.

Interesting how freely protestants or anticatholics freely pilfer Catholic extra-biblical doctrinal teachings, nomenclature, Church Fathers and even our NT number of books and never think twice about it.
That’s what OSAS will do to your morality.

Check this out on that Trinityfoundation home page here:
Dr. Robbins was elected and ordained Elder in the Presbyterian Church of America, and licensed to preach by Westminster Presbytery, but he has left that denomination because of its failure to discipline teachers who are teaching a different gospel, and its defense of those false teachers. He is presently engaged in organizing a Reformed congregation called Reformation Chapel.
isnt that funny, when a protestant doesnt like what they see they start their own Church where they are the boss. Funny yet sad.

[quote=Catholic Dude]Check this out on that Trinityfoundation home page here:Dr. Robbins was elected and ordained Elder in the Presbyterian Church of America, and licensed to preach by Westminster Presbytery, but he has left that denomination because of its failure to discipline teachers who are teaching a different gospel, and its defense of those false teachers. He is presently engaged in organizing a Reformed congregation called Reformation Chapel.
isnt that funny, when a protestant doesnt like what they see they start their own Church where they are the boss. Funny yet sad.
[/quote]

Great research!
I’m declaring you SHERIFF of the Catholic Answers Forum, BECAUSE I have exactly the same authority as Robbins has to start a new “church”.

[quote=CreosMary]It truly astounds me! As I read John Robbins article, it is infused with a seething hatred and ridicule of Scott Hahn and The Holy Roman Catholic Church.
It always seems to be that The Catholic Church is always extending Olive branches to protestants and other non-Catholic Christians, but they always seem to have the pitchforks and nooses ready to react in hate. Proves to me some basic truths of the Catholic Church and the errors in Protestantism.
Interesting to note that Robbins says that Protestant America is Catholic already!!, Im sure the Holy Father would like to hear that.
God Bless

[/quote]

Ahh…someone else noticed that too, I am not alone. Thoo I have to admitt I never understood why protestants feel compelled to do this. What causes this malice? :hmmm:

DISCLAIMER: The views and opinions expressed in these forums do not necessarily reflect those of Catholic Answers. For official apologetics resources please visit www.catholic.com.